I've Got What I Wanted. Part 15

Hey :) sorry again but it's here now :) Don't know if you'll be happy with this chapter, or the next few to be honest, but that's the way it's going :) anyway, I've got more tutoring next week and every week after that so I don't have as much time to write. I've got to balance school, volunteering, two tutoring session, social life and revision and I'll be starting driving lessons soons :3 can't wait for that. Anyway the point is I'm really busy. But I try to write as often as i can. My other story is nearly over so I can concentrate on this one more.
So, Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

When I came out of the shower, the bed was empty. Caleb was still asleep when I went in. He's probably still in a mood. And I was hoping that today would be a good day. Since it is my last day at college. But it's already pretty awful, since I know he's in a mood. 

Usually I'd know what he was in a mood over. But not this time, I have absolutely no idea what-so-ever. For all know it could be over absolutely anything. He only ever really gets in a mood if I've done something that upset him, or if something’s upset him in general. In both cases, he would pretty much ignore me. 

And since he's in a mood now, I'll probably not tell him about Adam. And that will only make it worse when I do tell him. He'll be mad that I didn't tell him earlier even if I tell him it's because he was in a mood. Then that'll start a whole other argument. And it's just not worth it. I know couples have their ups and their downs; and we're like that.

But ever since Adam and Stephanie came into the equation, it's gotten worse. Some times I really do think we're not a strong enough couple, and they'll be the ones to break us up for good. But I've never told Caleb that. And I don't plan to, because it’s just not worth the hassle. I know he wants me to tell him things, but this isn’t something I’d want to tell him. He’ll only start to think that I’m having doubts about us. Even though we’ve been together for over three years. 

I finished getting ready, before grabbing my bag and going downstairs. Right now, my Maths exam is the first thing on my mind. I walked into the kitchen and saw Caleb by the sink with his back to me. "Hey," I said hoping he wasn't in a bad mood. But he was when he mumbled something at me. I sighed and started making a cup of coffee. I bet he expects me to know what I've done. If I've done anything; which I haven't. Maybe he's just in a mood. It wouldn't be the first time. 

"Do you have to be so loud?" He snapped referring to the fact I was banging cupboards and spoons. 

"Do you have to be in a mood?" I retorted back. That’s good Riley, I thought to myself, make him more pissed off by being sarcastic.

"Whatever," he said moving away from the sink. I sighed pouring some water into my mug. 

“Am I meant to know what I did this time? Or is this just another one of your moods?” I turned around and leant against the worktop.

“Who said I’m in a mood?” He said getting his bag ready for work.

“The fact you’ve not spoken to me and when you do you always snap at me. Then last night when you came home from work you might as well have slept on the other side of the house. It doesn’t take a genius to put two and two together.” He let out a breath, his shoulders falling slightly.

“Yeah, well, I didn’t want to wake you up last night.” I knew he was lying because he always slept near me, even if it was late at night.

“I know that’s lies Caleb.” I told him straight. "I really have no idea why you're in this mood. I was really hoping that today was going be good. I was really looking forward to getting off for summer. But it’s pretty awful so far,” I turned around and emptied the rest of my coffee.

“And you really think this is the best day of my life?” He was on the edge of shouting now. “I was really looking forward to getting off for summer and going on holiday. Now I just…” he trailed off as I turned around. “I don’t even know anymore.” He let out a breath, running his fingers through his hair.

“You’re always telling me to talk to you because it means I trust you, but you never talk to me. But how am I meant to trust you if you never tell me anything?”

“I don’t even know if I trust you anymore Ri.” A sickness feeling starting to develop in the pit of my stomach. I can’t believe he doesn’t know if he trusts me. I know I basically said I don’t trust him, but I really do. I don’t trust anyone as much as I trust him.

“Right,” I said looking down at the floor. I really don’t want to cry when I have an exam in two hours.

“Well how can I trust you when you lie to me? You know I hate it when you lie to me.” I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him. I could see the pain in his eyes, and also the anger.

“I didn’t lie to you,” he sighed leaning against the table.

“Riley, you did though. You lied to me yesterday. I saw you walking out of the school with Mr Martin.” I knew I shouldn’t have stayed to talk to Martin. “You know I was going to meet you and take you out to an early dinner because I felt bad for working late. But when I saw you with Martin, it just pissed me off so much.” I could see he was just getting more and more upset and annoyed as he talked about it.

“It’s not what it looks like though Caleb. I bumped into him and he wanted to catch up.” Damn, that didn’t sound how I wanted it to sound. But I don’t want to tell him about Adam when he’s really annoyed.

“So you’d rather talk to him than be with me?” He said raising his eyebrows. “I really don’t think that’s how relationships work Riley. You know how I feel about him, but you’ll rather spend time with him than me.”

“That’s not fair Caleb. You know he’s my friend. I didn’t know you wanted to go out.” He groaned tilting his head back.

“But you were coming in for a coffee anyway. Either way you look at it, you were meant to be with me but you were with him.” He turned around and grabbed his bag and jacket.

“What are you just going to walk away when we’re taking?” He’s done that quite a few times.

“I’ve got to go to work. I don’t know what to say anymore Ri. I’m actually starting to think that you don’t feel the same way about me.” I furrowed my eyebrows, as he put his bag over his shoulder.

“You really don’t think that. You know I love you,” he sighed and walked towards the door.

“I’ll talk to you when I get home; I’m really annoyed at you Ri. I don’t know what to do.” He said before leaving the room. I sighed and sat down at the kitchen table. I seriously can’t believe I was stupid enough to think he wouldn’t see me leave the school. If I’ve messed everything up because of one stupid thing, I really don’t know what I’d do.

*

“So how’d the exam go then?” Aaron asked as we sat down in the café in Uni.

“Yeah it went well I think. I think I’ve done quite well in it.” He nodded opening up his sandwich. “How did your exams go? And don’t tease me about how you got off earlier than me.” He smirked and shrugged innocently.

“They went okay. I’m happy enough about how they went.” He took a bite of his sandwich as he finished.

“Are you going to change Uni or stay here?” I asked taking a bite of my own lunch.

“I don’t know yet. I like it here, but than I thought I would. And the professors are actually really good. Plus you’re here,” he said with a smile making me laugh. “I’ll think about it and talk to some people.”

“Well you know if you leave I’ll have to find a new best friend. I’ll be here for another two years on my own.” He laughed shaking his head.

“I’ll always be your best friend Riley. And you’ve always got Caleb anyway.” I looked down at the table, a frown appearing on my face. I haven’t spoken to him since this morning. I was sort of hoping that he would at least text me and see how my exam went. But I guess he really is as annoyed as he says he is. “What’s happened?” he said seeing right through me.

“Just me being an idiot again.” I sighed and looked up at him. “He was working late last night because he had these parent teacher meetings. So I was going to call in and see him because I would’ve been in bed when he got back. But Adam was there and starting talking to me. He pulled me into a room and frightened the life out of me.”

“He did what?” Aaron slightly shouted, clearly angry that Adam would do that.

“It’s fine don’t worry. He’s still trying to convince me to break up with Caleb. You would think he’s realise by now that’s not going to happen. Well, at least I hope it doesn’t,” I added remembering what Caleb said this morning.

“You really think he’d break up with you? The day that happens is the day the world ends.” I smiled as he tried to lighten the mood.

“Well he was pretty angry today Aaron. I don’t think he’s ever been this annoyed at me. He said that he doesn’t think I feel the same way about him. I don’t know how this is going to work out this time.” I sighed and looked down at the table.

“But you’ve had arguments before. I really don’t think he’ll end things. Just tell him about Adam and I’m sure he’ll understand.”

“I don’t want to tell him while he’s still mad, it’ll just make it worse.” I looked up at him, not feeling like eating the rest of my lunch.

“But he’ll be mad at Adam and not you. So then you’re off the hook,” I laughed shaking my head.

“I don’t think it’ll be that easy to be honest. But I know it’ll only make it worse later on.” I groaned and rubbed my eyes. “There’s just no winning to be honest.” I looked up to see him smiling at me sadly.

“I think you should tell him sooner rather than later. I’m sure telling him why you were with Martin will make him understand. He’ll see that Martin was concerned and that you weren’t in the mood to go see him, you just wanted to go home.” I knew he was right, Caleb would rather know now. But I really don’t know if I should tell him now.

“But he’ll be annoyed that I didn’t come to talk to him about it. That’s the one thing he wants us to do the most; talk to each other about everything. After lying to his Uncle, he doesn’t want to lie anymore.”

“Does he tell you everything?” I let out a breath and shrugged.

“I don’t know really. I would hope so since I feel like I tell him everything. Well nearly everything. I don't want to tell him stuff that's just going to annoy and upset him. But that doesn't mean I'm an awful girlfriend." I looked at him sadly, hoping he would agree.

“It doesn’t mean you’re an awful girlfriend. It just might be a good idea to talk to him, especially if he likes you telling the truth.” I sighed and nodded. “Is he still in class now?” I looked down at my watch and nodded.

“Yeah, well it’s lunch now. But it’s over in fifteen minutes so I won’t make it back in time. Though I do think he’s got a free period.” I looked back up at Aaron.

“I think you should go talk to him. I’m sure he’ll give you a chance to explain it to him.” I sat back in my chair and nodded. “He will give you a chance Ri. He’s probably calmed down now anyway.” I nodded grabbing my bag. “If you go now you might catch him before his free period ends.” I smiled at him as I stood up.

“Thanks Aaron. I can always count on you.” He chuckled and shook his head at me.

“It’s fine, that’s what best friends are for. Just call me later about how it went.” I nodded pulling my bag onto my shoulder.

“I’ll talk to you later then.” He nodded as I walked towards the exit.

“See you later,” I smiled before leaving the building. I really hope Caleb has calmed down slightly. I really want to explain everything to him. I don’t know what I’d do if he left me.

~~~Caleb’s POV~~~

“What’s wrong with you? Your face isn’t the happiest looking.” I looked up at Cahill as he sat down opposite me. Sitting in the staff room at lunch when I wasn’t in the best of moods probably wasn’t the best idea.

“Thanks for the insult,” I said sarcastically.

“So what’s wrong with you then?” He put a sandwich on the table and started eating his lunch. I sighed and sat back on the couch.

“I’m arguing with Riley again. We’ve been arguing so much lately.” He gave me a sympathetic look. “That’s all we seem to do lately. We can go days even weeks without arguing. But when we do…” I trailed off with a groan.

“It’s the worst argument?” I let out a single laugh, rubbing my eyes.

“Yeah, that’s basically it. I don’t know if she wants to be with me anymore. I don’t think she feels the same way as she used to.” I looked up in time to see him to give me a sympathetic smile.

“You know that’s not true Caleb. There's no way she's not going to feel the same way." I shrugged, not really believing him. "What happened?" He finally asked, eating his lunch. 

"She lied to me which I don't like her doing. Last year we lied so much that I don't want to do it anymore." He gave me a look, waiting for me to explain everything to him. "Since we all had to stay for the parent teacher meetings, Riley was coming in for a coffee since I probably wouldn't be home until late. But then Stephanie came in and started talking to me. I really thought since that meeting with Dr Burns everything had ended. But to get away from her I said I need to go meet Riley, so I finally got away from her. But when I was leaving my room I realised I phoned her half an hour ago. I was going to take her out to dinner but when I was walking out I saw her walking to the car park with Jack." He raised his eyebrows at me. 

"Yeah that doesn't seem like something she would do." I actually felt relieved when he agreed with me. 

"She texted me saying traffic was bad so just went home. So you can see how I would have felt seeing her leaving the school with Jack." He let out a breath and sat forward. 

"It's probably totally innocent though. There's no chance she would cheat on you." Before I could answer the bell for class rang. I really don't want to go to class. I hate covering other people’s classes. 

"Yeah I know but she still lied." I sighed and stood up. "I'll just talk to her when I get home. If I know what I’m doing to do.” He stood up and we walked out of the staff room together, into the crowd of students walking to class.

“Just talk to her, I’m sure she’s got a good excuse.” He had to talk a bit louder so I could hear him over the busy hallway.

“And what if she doesn’t?” I asked looking at him. “What if it’s just what it looks like? She wanted to catch up with him rather than talk to me.” I’m actually surprised I’m telling him all of this. Last year it would’ve been very rare for me to talk to him. But since I don’t think he likes Riley like that anymore, he’s actually become a really good friend.

“I’m sure she does, there always is.” We stopped in the middle of the playground as we had to go separate ways. “Anyway, just hear her out. And calmly,” he added with a smirk. I had to laugh slightly with him.

“Right I’ve got a class to cover so I’ll see you later.” He nodded and we went our separate ways.

I was really hoping since Riley left school that everything would be a lot easier. But it’s nothing like it. Everything’s just as hard or has gotten worse. And I really don’t have a clue what to do anymore.

*

“Right guys settle down,” I said to my fourth year class, after giving them a break. They had a double period at the end of the day so I always give them a break in the first period. I stood up from my chair and walked to the front of my desk.

“Sir do we have to work? We’re off for summer soon anyway.” I laughed and nodded.

“Unfortunately yes we do. I need to finish your last booklet so you’re not having it easy this week.” They all groaned as I grabbed my booklet. “Next Wednesday we’ll have this finished. So on Thursday and Friday, we’ll take it easy and watch some films. But not we need to do this,” I held up the booklet leaning against my desk. “Right so since we talked about it yesterday,” I started the lesson. “Who can tell me about the hyperinflation in Germany?” I felt a little bit of hope for this class leave me as no one raised their hands. Before I could call on someone, there was a knock. I looked at the door as it opened. I watched as Lucas slipped into the room. I stood up from my desk as he walked towards me.

“Can I talk to you for two seconds?” I furrowed my eyebrows and nodded.

“I want an answer when I come back in guys.” I said to my class walking towards my office. I held the door open for Lucas before shutting it as he walked in. “What’s up?” I sat on the arm of the chair, waiting for him to talk.

“Umm…” he said scratching the back of his head. “The office just got a phone call for you.” I shifted my eyes between his.

“Right, who was it?” He let a breath out and leant against the work top.

“It was the hospital,” he said with a pained look. Oh no, please don’t say what I think you’re going to say, I thought to myself. “Riley’s been taken to hospital an hour ago. And you’re her next for kin but they couldn’t get you on your mobile.”

“Yeah it’s off,” I said putting my hand on my pocket.

“She was in a car crash and it’s not looking too good.” I stood up from the chair and opened the door. Not really bothering explaining to my class, I ran out of my class room.

I can’t believe this is happening. I know I said I don’t think she fells the same way about me, but I still don’t know what I’d do without her. When Lucas said it’s not looking so good, I don’t think I’ve felt as sick as I did then. I’m really scared to find out what’s happened. I mean, what is it’s so bad that she dies? The last thought put a lump in my throat.

I shook the thought from my head and got into my car. I really hope she’s okay. I think I’d die if I didn’t have her.