ろくじゅういち

"i think we can all agree that we're visiting seungcheol's cafe next time. man, i love this group!" hansol spoke relaxed, high-fiving jisoo next to him, as the group walked down the staircase built out of stone outside the gigantic library. wonwoo's friends had given him three books, which he refused to accept at first, but after they already paid he had no other choice than to take them. 

"if it's just to see seungcheol in his handsome barista outfit i'm afraid i have to leave you outside. that's a sight only i can admire." jeonghan grinned, holding onto seungcheol's arm which felt protective to the blonde haired boy. 

"oh come on, calm your horny ass for once please." jisoo complained, rolling his eyes to hopefully bring some sense of sanity to his best friend. though everyone in the group, even the three new comers, knew he was a lost cause. 

"i can't help it!" jeonghan defended himself, clinging onto his boyfriend tighter as he expected seungcheol to pick his side. "i would agree with you guys, but it's actually quite enjoyable so i won't say a thing." seungcheol's statement went followed by a chuckle and a lot of disgusted sounds from none other than his own friends. 

"y'all are gross." wonwoo spoke in a monotone voice, which didn't match the tiny smile displaying on his face. 

he couldn't believe that after less than twenty four hours, he succeeded in getting mingyu off his mind for at least a little bit. though the grief was still present deep inside his mind, but being surrounded by his friends allowed him to forget about it from time to time. their crazy behavior was enough distraction. 

"oh wonwoo, wait till you find out how goo-" "-jeonghan shut the fuck up! i don't want to go over all your bedroom stories again. i bet seungcheol wouldn't mind to hear them again, so please cope with it for a little longer and tell him when you get home. thank you." wonwoo interrupted the words jeonghan was about to say, knowing his friend well enough to know what was about to come next. 

even if it was just a joke, seeing wonwoo in fact could care less about the stories jeonghan had to tell, he preferred to talk about things like that in places less public. on their usual sleepover nights, for example, was the perfect opportunity to share their stories of experience. 

"it's actually pretty funny how you always end up on this subject." chan jumped forward and playfully flicked jeonghan against the back of his head, making the elder throw an annoyed glare at the boy. 

"excuse me? you shouldn't even know things like this, young man." jeonghan acted like a parent against the younger who mocked his expression. "from now on we stop talking about our lives in the bedroom to save chan's sanity!"

"just because i'm a little younger doesn't mean i'm dumb!" junhui's high-pitched laugh was heard in the background, the sound being so contagious it resulted in the others laughing along as well. 

the two groups fit together so perfectly, it was almost like mingyu's presence wasn't even needed any longer. though every time wonwoo's eyes landed on jeonghan and seungcheol, he wished for mingyu to magically appear. he wasn't one to enjoy physical touch in public, but in this case it only made him miss mingyu's presence more..

"wonwoooooo?" the raven boy noticed he zoned out when the voice of the energetic soonyoung reached his ear. "stop looking so serious. it makes you look scary!" 

"oh shut up, punk." wonwoo gave the boy with obnoxiously bright colored hair a friendly push, knowing he made a mistake when soonyoung raised his hands a little higher and brought them together, his fingertips brushing against each other in a mischievous way. 

"i bet tickles will make you laugh!" soonyoung giggled, reaching out for wonwoo's waist since he knew how sensitive the latter was and couldn't handle tickling at all. 

"oh no! not this time!" wonwoo yelled over his shoulder as he ran off, looking behind him the entire time to check if soonyoung didn't come too close. the entire group cheered them on as they ran after each other, wonwoo's level of ecstasy rising up slowly, allowing him to keep running at the same pace. 

if they only knew that their careless behavior would cause so much trouble..

cheering slowly turned into screams of terror, yet still wonwoo was completely lost inside their game. he entirely lost track of direction and his surroundings, the only thing that mattered was him not experiencing the ticklish sensation that sent shivers through his entire body and made him scream uncontrollably.

and maybe it was just the state of mind he was in, after the recent events revolving mingyu, that made him numb to his surroundings and chase that specific feeling of happiness he felt with running. or maybe he just really didn't notice what was going on around him. 

it was only when he noticed soonyoung's eyes widening and turning into a panicked expression that had him slow down the slightest bit. and once the boy chasing him had completely stopped, wonwoo realized he'd made a mistake. 

but it was already too late as a honking car hit his fragile body, the only thing he was aware of being the stinging pain inside his chest before his sight went black and the sounds of his surroundings faded away..