じゅう

last night.

no matter what wonwoo tried, he couldn't remember a thing from what happened the night before. the only things he could still see clear were the moment he and mingyu arrived and when he sneaked away from the crowd to order himself a beer at the bar.

but that single beer soon turned in a second and even a third. now wonwoo was aware of the fact that he had a pretty low alcohol tolerance, so after the fourth beer everything became one black gap.

"did anything happen.. last night?" wonwoo carefully asked when mingyu stopped mid sentence to check if wonwoo could actually remember anything.

"you don't remember don't you?" mingyu asked with a playful tone in his voice.

"not really." ashamed of himself and his horrible first impression, wonwoo lowered his gaze, not daring to look anyone around the table straight in the eyes.

"mingyu come on, stop being a dick. nothing happened last night wonwoo."

wonwoo lifted his head, eyeing the tired smiley face of hansol who gave mingyu a firm smack against the back of his head, making the taller let out a pained whine.

"hansol is right." mingyu admitted, rubbing his neck where hansol just hit him, "you were suddenly gone so i assumed you went to the bar to get a drink, but you weren't there when i came to find you. so i went back to the group and junhui told me he saw you walking away from the crowd, so i assumed you would be somewhere on the beach, knowing you."

even with mingyu's explanation, wonwoo still couldn't imagine he did all that without remembering it.

"eventually i found you little further on the beach. you were just sitting there and staring over the sea. so i joined you because i liked the calm atmosphere, and you started talking out of sudden, about how you liked the sea and the water crashing down on the sand and the fireflies. and i think you talked about that for a good ten minutes before you dropped dead in the sand and started sleeping all out of sudden. and that's when i brought you here, because firstly i had absolutely no idea in which bungalow you were staying and second because i didn't want to leave you behind on a beach in the middle of the night."

mingyu decided to skip the part where wonwoo lay his head on his shoulder instead of in the sand and refused to let go of his arm. he preferred to keep that moment all to himself to treasure when he saw wonwoo already being visibly uncomfortable. the others simply didn't have to know as it wasn't any of their business.

wonwoo on the other hand felt beyond embarrassed, knowing he had done all that in the state of being drunk. 

"sorry." he apologized, having absolutely no idea how to make the situation less awkward.

"what are you apologizing for?" mingyu asked in a tender voice, raising his eyebrow as he leaned down a little, trying to get wonwoo to look back at him. 

"for giving off that impression. i shouldn't have drank so much." wonwoo explained, which only made mingyu softer. 

"it was actually nice to have you talking to me for once." mingyu admitted, finally getting wonwoo to look up at him, "you don't have to apologize for getting drunk at a party. that's what people do nowadays!" 

"i'd rather have ten drunk wonwoo's than one drunk mingyu if i have to be honest though." chan spoke, making everyone around the table laugh except for mingyu. 

"you're just mean!" mingyu leaned over the table, trying to hit the youngest against his head, which failed terribly as he nearly fell with his face in seokmin's cup of coffee. 

seokmin laughed and gave him a gentle flick against his forehead, making mingyu lean back in his chair with a pout on his face. "mingyu, you know that i love to have you around but please, this table was quite expensive and i would really like to prevent coffee stains."

"talking about stains!" mingyu turned to wonwoo again, who blushed by the sudden eye contact only, "what did you spill on your pants last night? because it looks like you'll have a hard time getting that one out."

memories about the beverage that got spilled over him by accident came flooding his mind. wonwoo had given the stranger who bumped into him and spilled his beer all the way over his jeans a mortifying glare, scaring the boy with his now empty glass away. 

"someone spilled his beer when we arrived." wonwoo simply replied, looking down at the fabric to check how much damage it had caused. the stain was still clearly visible, but it wasn't as worse as the night before, meaning that the washing machine would most highly clean it up again. 

"you should have asked for their phone number so you could make them pay for a new pair of jeans." chan gave him an evil smirk, showing clearly that in his case he would have taken that option. if chan only knew that wonwoo wouldn't ask a stranger for their phone number in a million years, not even when that meant he could get a new pair of jeans for free. 

"but you're no decent human being, you're just being a jerk. so why should wonwoo listen to you." junhui butted in, playfully ruffling chan's hair who aggressively swatted junhui's hand away. "at least i would be smart! jeans are expensive these days! getting a pair for free and blaming someone else for ruining them doesn't even sound like a bad idea to me."

"as if you don't have enough money to pay for a new pair? your parents literally own half of south-korea." junhui discussed with the smaller, heating up their little argument.

"so? that doesn't mean it's hard to get a free pair of jeans when literally someone else ruins them? and for the billionth time, just because my parents own a couple of companies doesn't mean they're the boss of korea or something." chan crankily argued back. 

"that's the same thing!" junhui said, lacking intelligence which clearly showed. 

"they're always like that, don't worry." mingyu whispered, making wonwoo flinch who was a little too investigated in the discussion both junhui and chan we're having to notice mingyu had leaned a little closer to him. 

"what do i even have to do with you for the next week? anyways, wonwoo would you like some coffee?" seokmin got up from his seat and showed wonwoo his blinding smile, who shyly nodded on the offer of his favorite beverage. 

maybe this wasn't so horrible after all.