にじゅうきゅう

"junhui, i swear to god. if you hit me one more time and then proceed to run away while making those weird noises again i'm going to drown you the moment we reach the beach." mingyu threatened the overly energetic boy who threw his head back in laughter and let out a high pitched cackle. 

"calm your tits, you know how he is." chan was now the one slabbing mingyu against his upper arm, walking past him to keep up with hansol's pace. mingyu childishly mouthed the exact words chan used, huffing his annoyance away. 

"what's wrong?" wonwoo asked the visibly frustrated mingyu, having to hold back a chuckle when his eyes landed on mingyu's frown. he assumed the younger was just playing, so he went along with it. 

"nothing." mingyu shortly sneered without sparing wonwoo a glance, rather aggressively jerking back his shoulder when he saw wonwoo's hand reaching for him. the sudden movement made wonwoo flinch and back away. the boy visibly wasn't playing like he assumed he was. 

the tall boy suddenly represented the same person he used to be in school. the extremely nice attitude he had put up towards wonwoo for the past few days nearly made him forget that there was still a complete different side to him. a side he preferred to forget about, seeing how scared it made him. 

however, mingyu was quick to readjust himself when he noticed wonwoo's reaction to his sudden anger. "o my god, i'm so sorry." mingyu apologized, the gaze in his eyes softening upon seeing what his blunt behavior had caused, yet again "i didn't mean to do that. oh wonwoo, i'm so sorry." 

mingyu had no choice but to walk up front for a few seconds, following the narrow path in between trees and bushes that led them to the beach. it gave wonwoo just enough time to think of a proper answer and comprehend what exactly happened. 

"you shouldn't apologize mingyu." wonwoo simply replied, his reassuring skills clearly not as good as he wished. 

"i should." mingyu worriedly exclaimed as they set feet in the sand, keeping a small distance from the other four boys "it's wrong that i unnecessarily raised my voice to you."

"isn't it human to feel irritated sometimes?" wonwoo argued patiently, although the frustrated tone mingyu's voice held a moment before had visibly terrified him as it was an emotion wonwoo hadn't seen before. 

he always had been one who found it hard to handle anger around him, whether he felt it himself or someone else was mad. seeing mingyu's sudden change of persona frightened him more than it should. however, it also made him look at mingyu in a different light. 

the surreal god-like picture he had painted in his head started to vanish slowly, fading into something rather.. humane. mingyu was maybe not as flawless as wonwoo  initially thought.

"i just don't want you to see that side of me." wonwoo could see guilt dripping from his face, making him realize how honest he was being towards him. which surprised him, since he had barely seen this vulnerable side of mingyu yet. 

"mingyu. what are you talking about?" wonwoo asked confusedly, looking up at the taller boy beside him "if you didn't know yet, it's pretty normal to express your feelings. and i don't know if you've noticed, but i'm really not one to judge when it comes to things related to that." 

"i know and i'm really thankful for that," mingyu stopped mid-sentence, hesitating to say the next "but i don't want you to end up hurt just because i am a little frustrated. i know how everyone at school thinks of me. i hear them talking behind my back, and for the first time i want someone to see me as the person i really am." 

mingyu yearned for a hug from the elder out of sudden, stopping in his tracks before turning his body towards wonwoo. "would you mind if i hug you?"

wonwoo was taken aback by the sudden question and had to hide his surprised expression. "as in, right now?" he asked confusedly, checking if mingyu's friends were out of hearing distance.

"of course right now. when else?" a small smile spread across mingyu's lips as he opened his arms widely, offering wonwoo the same familiar sense of warmth and safety he had given two nights before on the same beach.

anxiously, wonwoo made a step closer towards mingyu, awkwardly holding up his arms as well. but mingyu seemed fond of the slightest and confidently connected their chests together, wrapping his arms around wonwoo's shoulder blade and embracing him in a warm hug.

a wave of safety flooded wonwoo, the feeling being almost overwhelming to the boy trapped inside the tallers hold.

"you know that i would never hurt you, right?" mingyu whispered, asking for assurance and trying to convince wonwoo with his words combined with his grip that tightened a little.

even when wonwoo had a lot of trust issues, mingyu's words allured him so easily, making his need for trust grow bigger. "i know." he willingly answered, finally allowing himself to wrap his arms around mingyu's broad torso as well.

wonwoo didn't want to let go and so did mingyu. as easy as it was, they remained silent and held onto each other for what felt like an eternity, while it only lasted a brief second.

the peaceful atmosphere was quick to be interrupted by an unfamiliar obnoxiously rude voice.

"we don't want fag's on our beach, get lost!"