kim mingyu was completely out of breath when he returned to wonwoo, satisfied after catching the so called junhui who he had thrown in the cold water of the sea to get rid of him for at least a good minute. 

wonwoo, on the other hand, failed at hiding the little smile after seeing the boy's childish behavior out of defense, pursing his lips together to suppress it somehow. this mingyu guy was definitely a wholly different person when he wasn't at school. 

"i'm sorry you had to hear that, just ignore junhui. he's usually like that." mingyu explained, bringing his hand to the back of his head in embarrassment, showing off the well formed muscles and veins that ran through his arms. 

"i'm okay with it." wonwoo spoke, his monotone deep voice working like a medicine to mingyu whose smile only got wider when he actually talked back. 

"why are you walking alone over the beach though?" mingyu pouted, as if it made him sad to see wonwoo all by himself. 

"since i don't need anyone to accompany me." wonwoo simply answered the question, shrugging to show that he absolutely didn't care to spend time with no one else than himself. enjoying the fresh sea air and hot summer breeze was something he rather did alone than with anyone else. 

"with who are you here then?" mingyu asked the former question differently, trying to keep the conversation going by showing interest. however, wonwoo on the other hand started to feel slightly annoyed and more uncomfortable the more mingyu spoke to him. 

"do you need to know?" he questioned, still not managing to end the conversation since mingyu was too busy trying to get to him. 

"of course! i'm just making sure you're not completely by yourself." even when mingyu's smile never left his face, wonwoo remained unbothered as he just shrugged and kept his gaze anywhere else than mingyu's eyes. 

"i'm staying in one of those stinky cabins over there." wonwoo pointed in the direction of the woods, "with my parents and my little sister." 

for some reason wonwoo found it hard to tell the tall guy, who was here with a bunch of his friends, he was here with his family. mingyu must think of him as some sort of lame loser who couldn't afford his own friends to go on a vacation with. even when he and his friends never actually went on a physical vacation before. 

"that's actually really cool!" mingyu spoke in all his enthusiasm, making wonwoo frown in confusion as to why he was so friendly all the time, "i'm here with a couple of friends, we're staying in a lodge close to the bungalow park!"

wonwoo, who still felt too uncomfortable to freely talk like he could with his own friends, forced out a painfully small smile, not knowing what to give as a proper reply. 

"you should meet them! come they're right here, probably just chilling or something." mingyu offered, instantly making the introvert boy in front of him shake his head, making his curly hair bounce up and down a little. 

"no, i'm cool." wonwoo tried, which was no help as the tall puppy like guy gently grabbed his upper arm and started leading him to god knows where, wonwoo's feet being forced to follow him. 

"ah come on! you're all here by yourself with your parents, you should allow yourself to have a little fun on your vacation!" mingyu happily said, persistently dragging wonwoo along with him.

wonwoo fell silent, his heartbeat raising when he realized he was about to talk to new people. the thought that they were probably as popular as mingyu himself worsened his feelings only more. why does something like this have to happen to him when he's on a vacation two hours away from his hometown..

"hansol! i made a new friend!" wonwoo's heart only picked up more speed on the word friend, him being unaware as to why a simple word like that made his level of nervousness only worse. 

"i swear to god mingyu, crabs aren't meant to be your friends and if it tries to pierce my fucking nipple again i'll lay one in your bed when you're asleep tonight." the so called boy named hansol spoke. 

the boy with shiny golden hair lay on his back on a towel, sunbathing in his bare chest as he was only wearing way too colorful swimming trunks. however, his skin was still pale and his facial features made wonwoo question if the boy was fully korean, as he gave off a western vibe. 

on cue, the golden haired boy covered both his nipples by placing his arm on his chest. he held up his hand to make a shadow fall over his eyes, curious who mingyu was pointing out when he didn't feel an unwanted tiny animal threaten his exposed skin. 

his eyes landed on the rather uncomfortable boy, who stood next to mingyu, playing with the hem of his shirt with his free hand since mingyu was still holding onto his arm. 

"chan, wake up." the golden haired guy clumsily slapped the boy on the towel next to him right in the gut, making him sit up in a swift motion while letting out a pained groan.

"what was that good for?" the so called chan hysterically yelled, throwing away his pair of sunglasses in anger.

until he noticed wonwoo's presence, hiding away behind mingyu's broad figure. wonwoo hated being the centre of attention, especially in this situation where he had two pairs of eyes staring at him and another person holding onto his arm.

"i recognize you." the brown haired boy named chan bluntly said, averting his gaze at mingyu, "isn't that the guy from that picture you showed us multiple times? you know, the red car dude?"

wonwoo carefully looked up to mingyu's face, that got visibly heated when the so called chan exposed him.

"eh.. yes..  but that doesn't matter! this is wonwoo! wonwoo, these are hansol and chan. the friends i am staying here with. together with junhui, you know the weirdo i tried to drown earlier?"

wonwoo nodded in all silence, awkwardly waving at the two other boys who didn't seem to mind his uncomfortable self at all.

"did i hear someone call out my name?" another voice mixed in their conversation, a lively guy running up to them as water dripped down his half exposed body.

"back to the subject." hansol said, getting everyone's attention a d ignoring junhui's sudden presence, "what is it with you being so happy out of sudden? ever since we got here yesterday you're in such a good mood. who is this mingyu and what have you done to the mingyu we know?"

mingyu shrugged, showing off his perfectly white canines yet again by curling his lips up in a smile.

"i have no clue. i guess the sea air must have freshened me up."