よんじゅういち

"mingyu is that you?" 

a loud thud echoed through the apartment when mingyu dropped his travelers bag on the floor of the unlit hallway, reaching for the laces of his shoes to finally take the suffocating fabric of his all stars off. he took in the familiar surroundings when he made his way to the living room, the sound of the television playing in the background. 

"hey, i thought you'd stay longer tonight! what made you come home this early?" namjoon, mingyu's older brother, asked as he turned the volume of friends down. his arm hung nonchalantly around his boyfriend, seokjin's, shoulders, whose hair was now a bright shade of purple unlike last time mingyu had seen him when it was still pitch black. 

"we decided it would be safer to drive home before sunset. you know, it's a pretty long drive for the dark and stuff." without paying much attention to the couple, mingyu walked straight to his bedroom at the other side of their rather small apartment and instantly dropped his large bag beside his bed. 

he allowed his body to slide down on his mattress, swirling his fingers around his thin blanket. for a moment he closed his eyes, letting the exhaustion of the long trip take over him for a second and allowing his brain to replay all the beautiful memories they had made. 

especially the ones with wonwoo in it.

the memories he had made with wonwoo unconsciously made his lips curl up in the sweetest yet most genuine smile. the boy wasn't even aware he had pulled the blanket a little closer to him, secretly imagining it was wonwoo he was holding onto. 

even when his own room held a gloomy mood, curtains unclosed and another building blocking the moon from shining inside, cars honking on the street five floors below him, the sound of the television blasting through his still opened door, mingyu couldn't feel anything else beside happiness at the single thought of wonwoo. 

the way his nose scrunched up whenever he smiled. the way he sulked over things so quick yet was so easy to cheer up again. the way his arms went around his waist so carefully whenever they hugged, as if mingyu could break underneath the touch of his fingertips any time. and even the way how he managed to make mingyu feel worthy in a way like no one else could. 

"mingyu come join us! we want to hear everything about your trip!" not even namjoon's voice that violently pierced his thoughts managed to kick him off cloud nine. "we bought you soju! that's your favorite, wasn't it?" namjoon's voice was shortly followed by seokjin's, making mingyu lift his body up from the bed in a smooth motion. of course he wouldn't object against a bottle of his favorite brand of beer. perhaps two, or even three. 

"i'm in!" namjoon instantly lowered the volume of the television again once mingyu's presence entered the room, kneeling down to their waist-height refrigerator as he reached for a green bottle. without too much effort he released the cap with a fizz and took a seat in the comfortable chair next to the couch, not wanting to interrupt the couple's cuddle session. "so how are my favorite gays doing?" 

seokjin giggled in delight, still finding mingyu's words funny, even when he's been around for about three years. "i think we've been pretty good, haven't we joon?" namjoon confidently nodded, smirking at his younger brother. "having the house all for ourself can come in pretty handy, huh?"

mingyu scrunched up his nose in disgust. "you're disgusting as fuck. why again do you need to tell me this?" he took a large sip of his drink, letting the sparkling substance burn down his throat. 

"anyways, you were about to tell us what you did last week! how was it?" seokjin slapped namjoon against his buff shoulder, continuing the conversation as the only mature figure in the room. 

"i bet ten bucks his straight ass met a guy on the beach." namjoon joked, although his expression soon changed the moment mingyu didn't say a word, which was unusual. he just stared at his bottle of soju, the most ridiculous smile displaying on his face the couple had ever seen. "oh my god- i refuse to believe this is real."

"i- uh.." mingyu had absolutely no clue on how to explain himself. even with his closest friends knowing his preference was guys, he couldn't remember he'd ever told his brother. 

"so who is the lucky guy?" namjoon smirked at him, not even questioning about his sudden change in sexuality. 

"his name is wonwoo." mingyu let out a sigh of satisfaction, relaxing his tensed body in the chair as he gulped down some more beer. "he's a few month older than me and has this beautiful black curly hair." even mingyu was at a loss of words when it came to describing wonwoo's beauty. 

"go on! we want to know how the two of you met!" namjoon requested to hear the entire story, clearly hyping his brother up together with his boyfriend. 

"i actually recognized him from an instagram post i scrolled past and saved, perhaps. maybe i should have approached him in a different way then to accidentally kick a football against the back of his head-" "-YOU DID WHA-" "-don't interrupt me stupid! i panicked once i saw him and it was my first instinct. i was so happy once we finally got to talk though, even when he wasn't good with his words in the beginning."

"and how could that happen? oh, of course, weren't you the one kicking a ball against him? purposely?!" namjoon joked, resulting in mingyu rolling his eyes in annoyance. 

"oh fuck off." mingyu grunted, continuing his story anyhow. "he told me he isn't that good with social contact, especially with practical strangers. but we warmed up to each other pretty soon." 

"did you have sex?" mingyu choked on his drink when namjoon asked him that bold question. "unlike you, i take things slow. so to answer your question, no, we haven't had sex. were not even official yet." unconsciously, mingyu's eyes wandered off to the ceiling, dreaming away in all the memories he and wonwoo had made together, warming up his heart with them. 

"ah.. he really is in love, isn't he?" seokjin whispered to his boyfriend, inaudible for mingyu to hear. namjoon nodded confidently, pressing a gentle kiss against his temple. "i've never seen him being this in love ever before."