じゅうご

"is that him?" somi squeaked, carefully pointing at the small boy who was entirely focussed on the big sandcastle he was building. wonwoo nodded, walking up to him from behind and gently tapping the boy on top of his head so he wouldn't scare him and there would be no possibility to accidentally bring damage to the piece of art. 

"hey euki! building on another sand castle i see." wonwoo said, crouching down to get on the same height as both euki and his little sister somi. 

euki's entire expression lit up when his eyes landed on wonwoo, momentarily forgetting about an important detail he was just about to add onto his work. "you came back!" the boy happily chirped, throwing his little shovel in the sand which he aimed at his tiny bucket in the first place. 

"i told you i would! and look who i brought for you!" wonwoo reached for his little sister who had been hiding behind his tall figure, introducing her to the boy from her age. "euki, meet my sister somi! somi, this is euki, the boy i told you about!" 

both somi and euki mirrored a delighted expression, simultaneously offering their hands to each other and shaking them. "you come to play with me, right?" euki asked, his tone filled with anticipation. 

"of course! wonwon never plays with me!" somi complained, sticking her tongue out to her brother before returning to euki. and wonwoo, being the older brother, couldn't suppress a chuckle from leaving his lips. little sisters.. he thought, playfully rolling his eyes when he reminded himself of how he was himself at that age. 

"and that's why i found you a buddy for this vacation! you two are definitely going to get along well, am i right?" wonwoo said, making the two toddlers nod furiously. 

"you should go wonwon, me and euki are going to play!" somi pushed against wonwoo's knees with all the force she had, nearly making wonwoo fall in his current squat position. "bye wonwon!" she repeated herself so wonwoo couldn't do anything else but to get up. 

"you guys will be fine, right?" wonwoo asked when he got up, wiping the crumbs of sand off his hands, in which the two toddlers nodded again. 

"my mom is on the beach too! she watches us!" euki happily explained, making somi motion again for him to leave. this age already..?

but wonwoo obeyed, giving somi the space to make a new friend! he would just have to take a walk on the beach in the meanwhile. a long walk, as it was only early afternoon and they made a decision to go back around dinner time.

"have fun you two!" wonwoo stuffed his hands in the pockets of his grey shorts, thinking whether he would explore the beach or the depths of the forest further. until his plans got ruined by a familiar voice calling out his name. or did they get ruined..?

"wonwoo hyung!" his name was being called out for the second time, making wonwoo stop in his tracks and turn around to the puppy-like giant running up to him. "you came!"

and when wonwoo's eyes landed on the taller, his heartbeat stopped for a second just like his breath which got stuck in the back of his throat. mingyu was only wearing a pair of swimming trunks, showing off his perfectly defined muscles in his upper body and his beautifully toned skin color that seemed to glow in the light of the sun. water was dripping down his chest and he ran a hand through his wetted hair to expose his forehead, making him look even more surreal. 

this man had to be a greek god in his previous life.. it could definitely not be anything else.. 

however, wonwoo adjusted his expression to something more casual, trying not to show how flustered mingyu's heavenly posture made him. 

"so.. you didn't tell me anything about having a kid?" mingyu cocked his brow, nervously laughing which quickly caught wonwoo's eye. wonwoo choked on his own saliva upon hearing mingyu's odd words. 

"a kid? did you lose your mind or something? hit a rock? hangover? how much did you drink last night!" wonwoo scolded him, being more talk active as his sober self then what mingyu was used of him. or maybe it was just a rush of panic that shot through his veins when mingyu asked him a question that made him visibly uncomfortable.

"you're practically an adult! all i see is a wonwoo being like a father to a little girl and a boy!" mingyu defended himself, pouting childishly as he crossed his arms over his broad chest. 

wonwoo sighed, mingyu's expression being absolutely no use to remaining serious as he gave in to him, chuckling silently. "the little girl is my sister, which i told you about earlier. and the little boy is someone i bumped into on the beach yesterday who i made the promise to to let him play with my sister." 

mingyu's eyes widened when realization hit him that wonwoo indeed explained about having a smaller sister earlier. he also clearly remembered his reaction in awe he had given. "i'm stupid, please forgive me." mingyu said, shaking his head which made the salted water droplets from the sea fly around, spraying wonwoo in their flight. 

"yes, you really are stupid. i'm agreeing with you on that one." wonwoo said with a sly smile, walking past mingyu to continue his walk over the beach, knowing the taller would follow him anyways. 

"i kno- wonwoo! who allowed you to be so mean to me!" mingyu said, turning around in a swift movement. 

"what? you were the first who admitted it!" 

"you- oh.. you're right." mingyu scratched the back of his neck when he caught up with wonwoo, walking next to him. he realized he didn't have any more armor to fight back, letting wonwoo win their discussion as he was actually stating facts. "you're talking more to me! i like it this way." mingyu switched back to his usual confident self, with a clumsy side in the background of course.

wonwoo's cheeks flushed a dark color of pink which he could barely hide now it was midst day and the light of the sun illuminated his blush perfectly. he locked his gaze with the ground in an attempt to hide away behind his curls somehow. 

but mingyu had already seen it. 

and he couldn't help but to smile fondly when he realized he was the one that caused wonwoo's blush.