ろくじゅう

it's been a day since mingyu left wonwoo behind on the balcony. no texts nor phone calls had been exchanged between the two, worsening the emptiness that wonwoo tried to cope with. though still he couldn't put a finger on the whole situation, there was just no logic explanation for mingyu's sudden leaving. 

wonwoo tried to recall what he could've possibly done wrong, but just before mingyu had gone to the cafe everything had been perfectly fine. they had been cuddling on the couch like usual, mingyu had even given him a goodbye kiss. 

but that didn't fix wonwoo's lack of happiness, thinking about the moment on the balcony made it only worse. even when it was a beautiful day, the sun rose high above the horizon and brought warmth and joy upon the surface of earth. wonwoo still couldn't even find the proper motivation to read a book, or even open the cover. 

he'd been seated at the kitchen table all day, staring in the void while memories kept replaying inside his head. even the repetitive buzzing of his phone went ignored by the curly head as it was seemingly too much effort to reach for the small device. it was only when his doorbell rung and echoed through his house when he raised his head, wishing for only one specific person to be there.

with a sudden spark of hope, the boy hurried to the front door to check for the tall brown haired boy. though his hope faded as soon as it came when he opened the door and saw someone else than he wished for in his front yard. or better said, more company than he expected. 

"well someone's happy to see us." jeonghan sarcastically spoke before flashing his angelic smile, brushing a hand through his blonde wavy hair before going in for a quick hug. "you're coming with us today!"

"i'm an adult, i can perfectly make my own decisions." wonwoo contradicted, totally not in the mood to get outside now. "i didn't forget something right?" 

"nope, we just planned this last-minute." soonyoung radiated his usual happiness as he stood next to wonwoo in the doorframe, wrapping an arm around wonwoo's shoulder and ignoring the fact he was just a few inches shorter. 

"you should do something without me, i'm not in the mood." wonwoo replied coldly, trying to release himself from soonyoung unexpected tight grip and failing eventually. 

"that's the whole point! since you're not feeling very well- and don't even try to object we all know what happened- we want to cheer you up and be a little mental support!" jeonghan explained, shoving past seungcheol to get a little closer to wonwoo. 

even jisoo stepped closer, just to convince wonwoo their plans were really worth a try. "you said you wanted to visit that library that recently opened downtown right? how about we go there?" 

and even when wonwoo hated to admit it, he secretly was so touched by his friends' caring gestures. of course, he would always do the same for them, and when jeonghan had a hard time because of seungcheol he had always been there for him. yet still he tend to find it hard when people cared so much about him. 

"ah.. you're really making me consider coming with you right now.." the raven boy lowered his head, scratching his nape as a blush spread over his face. he couldn't believe how thoughtful they were.. even remembering the library he'd been speaking of since it opened weeks ago. 

he hadn't gotten the opportunity to pay a visit yet, but apparently they had found the perfect chance to go. even when wonwoo doubted it would take his grieve away, he could always give it a try? "of course you should come!" soonyoung yelled, shaking his shoulders in a playful manner. and for the first time, wonwoo didn't complain about the energetic boy being too loud. he revel in it, being too utterly grateful for him as well. 

"you know what, let me put on some shoes, i'm in." wonwoo made the final decision, releasing himself from soonyoung's grip as he left the group on his doorstep in content cheers. 

"hey, is it okay that i invited hansol, junhui and chan too?" jeonghan was careful to ask, not wanting to bring up too much memories of mingyu. but since the trio had decided to be as much of a mental support to wonwoo as the boy's own friends, jeonghan could hardly leave them out. 

wonwoo instantly straightened up on that question, not sure whether to see it as a good or a bad thing. "uh.. yeah?" he answered a bit unsure. 

"they said they wanted to be there for you as well! hansol got in a fight with mingyu or somet-" jeonghan instantly silenced down once jisoo gave him a warning look, seeing how wonwoo's body stiffened up upon the confrontation of mingyu's name. 

"-anyways, we're going to make a great day out of it!" jisoo continued after flicking jeonghan's head, trying to lighten up the mood once again. "i think inviting those three over can actually be really good! we've had a lot of fun that night at the cafe, am i right?"

"as long as jeonghan and chan don't end up bickering i'm fine with it." seungcheol spoke with a sigh, receiving a playful punch to the shoulder from his boyfriend who was seemingly offended. "but he's so young! am i not allowed to say that?" 

"honestly, i think it would be really fun to have them with us." wonwoo exclaimed out of a sudden, standing straight once he tied his shoelaces. the group was surprised by the sudden smile he wore, but decided to go along with it as they wanted nothing but the best for him. "where do we meet up with them?"

"if i'm not mistaken, they will arrive at the library in about five minutes." jisoo spoke as wonwoo closed his front door. the group made way towards seungcheol's jeep, since the eldest of the group decided to drive them to their destination. 

and to wonwoo's surprise, the sunlight suddenly seemed to carry some sense of happiness along with it. perhaps his day wouldn't be so bad after all.