さんじゅうよん

someone to you - banners

euphoria. serotonin. ecstatic. bliss. 

there were so many words to describe the surrealistic feeling that overwhelmed wonwoo, but he couldn't name any of it. his legs carried him over the uneven surface of the sand as fast as they could, right next to the beautiful water that sparkled under the light of a half moon. 

the rhythmic sound of waves gently crashing onto shore mixed with their heavy footsteps and laughter filled the atmosphere of the empty beach. stars painted the perfectly unclouded canvas of the universe, guarding over them and making their little moment even more magical. 

a scenario so pretty, wonwoo only thought could happen in a fairytale. but here he was, his very own novel coming alive with jeon wonwoo as the protagonist. but what is a novel without a little cliche? because that was the exact spot where mingyu took place. 

mingyu was a chapter of happiness. a chapter of freedom. but most of all, a chapter of love. wonwoo didn't want to worry about what happened later in their book, or about a possible plot twist. for now he wanted to remain on the page of freedom and love. but most of all. 

he wanted to keep running until his body ran out of energy. 

"we're free wonwoo!" mingyu yelled out of a sudden, which echoed through the emptiness of the beach "we're free!" 

wonwoo however, remained silent, keeping up with mingyu's pace. mingyu's raspy voice managed to make his heart beat a little louder and perhaps made him fall a little more in love. the tall boy seemed so flawless yet so vulnerable while shouting those words.

the aggressive butterflies in his tummy increased even more when mingyu slowed down his speed and started running next to wonwoo, giving him the most heartwarming smile he had ever seen. the poor lighting of the moon reflected on mingyu's pearly white canines and lit up his hazel brown eyes. 

"come on! do it! shout something!" mingyu encouraged the rather shy wonwoo, who couldn't do anything else than remaining silent. or at least in a low volume. 

"what?" wonwoo replied, unsure as to why he had to scream. what was the occasion of yelling something pointless? there was no soul at the beach anyways. 

"scream!" mingyu repeated again, bumping into wonwoo's shoulder before taking lead of him again. of course.. school's jock, wasn't he?  "just shout something at the top of your lungs! it feels so free!"

wonwoo tried to ignore the fact of how awkward it sounded, but realized it felt so relieving at the same time. so he inhaled sharply, filling his lungs with the salted sea air and exhaled with a loud sound that escaped his throat. without using actual words wonwoo just screamed in his utter deep voice, hearing how it echoed its way over the black sea. 

and it felt so free. 

wonwoo felt so free. 

"whooo!" wonwoo glanced back at mingyu who had cheered him on "do it again! together with me this time!" 

and he did it again, his self-esteem rising up on mingyu's approval combined with the euphoric feeling that filled his body and flowed through his veins. he kept on shouting until he felt his throat go sore and he ran out of oxygen, making him suck in the salty sea air to fill up his lungs yet again. 

so this is what youth feels like huh? wonwoo thought to himself, feeling sorry he only experienced it now, when he practically already was an adult. soon, responsibilities would enter his life. in only one year he would have to graduate high school and he would be forced to find a job, if he didn't decide to study a different education after that. 

but for now, let's enjoy what it feels like to be a teenager. 

"mingyu!" mingyu snapped his head back to wonwoo, giving the boy his full attention "i feel so free!" 

even when his legs felt like they couldn't carry him further through the sand, wonwoo kept running, trying to keep up with mingyu's pace. the euphoric sense of freedom, however, kept his feet going, following to wherever mingyu was going. 

although they had only been running in large circled for about five minutes, it was more than beautiful to wonwoo. because in that moment, they were infinite. 

"oh my god.. wonwoo let's take a break." mingyu took an abrupt halt right in front of wonwoo, making the elder know exactly what was bound to happen next. or better said, what he was about to do next. 

because the moment mingyu turned around, wonwoo ran straight into his arms and surprised him with a sudden kiss. wonwoo's usually tense body loosened up once mingyu wrapped both his arms around him, pulling him all the way against his chest and pressing his lips against wonwoo's equally as tight. 

every part of wonwoo felt completed, from the way their lips touched to the way mingyu held him with so much tenderness and care. and on instinct, both boys started opening their mouths and explored each other in such an intimate yet comforting way. even with wonwoo's lack of experience, he couldn't help but to melt in mingyu's arms. 

he didn't taste like cigarettes, surprisingly more like strawberries. the safe scent mingyu enveloped him in and every other detail wonwoo could focus on while he slowly made out with mingyu under the light of the yellow half moon. 

until they both broke apart after the moment that felt like forever, but had only taken a brief few seconds. 

they remained in the exact same position, foreheads brushing against each other, mingyu's hand reaching up for wonwoo's cheek and caressing the skin with his thumb. "you're breathtaking.." mingyu whispered, his lips curling up in a small yet genuine kiss. 

even when wonwoo was eagerly wishing for mingyu's lips against his again, he decided to let it be for now. both their feelings were confirmed now and that was the most important thing to him. 

"i.. i think you're aware of my feelings by now." wonwoo spoke, facing his sneakers on an instant as he found eye contact still a bit difficult. 

"well, you were the one who intended that kiss just now." mingyu giggled, gently pushing wonwoo's chin back up so he was forced to lock eyes again "but you know what, if it wasn't for your move i would have been the one to steal a kiss from you." 

wonwoo chuckled, tightening the grip he had on mingyu. "i'm happy right now mingyu." 

"i'm happy too wonwon." 

and with those words, mingyu pulled him a little closer, closing the distance between their lips again in a slow, tender but most of all, romantic kiss.