Chapter 5. Letters

Magsimula sa umpisa

    We decided to stay, since break will be coming soon. Everyone has insisted you both visit for winter break.

Hope to see you soon,
      Harry Potter

"Well that's a relief." Hermione let out a sigh. 

"Are you going to stay with them once break starts?" I questioned.

"Originally I wasn't, but I think I should, considering the situation." She sat on the bed beside me. "Will you? Or will you be staying with your family?"

"I was planning on staying here." There had been zero communication with my grandparents since the day I arrived. Never shared a word of my sorting, and they didn't assume anything else. I couldn't imagine seeing their faces again. "I think I'll pay them a visit instead." I smiled.

"Perfect. There's only a few days left until break." She smiled. "We'll all be together again."

My mind never stopped wandering to Harry. I convinced myself it was out of worry, that was only half true. The other half thought of his nightmares. How they are getting worse, and he's becoming restless as the days pass by. 

I couldn't wait for the days to end, to be able to see them.

"Psst... Neveah." A whisper from an empty closet, "Bird!"

I walked closer to see Draco popping his head in and out.

"Draco? What are you-"

Before I could finish my sentence he had grabbed my hand, pulling me inside. Draco closed the door and pinned me against it. He muttered a short, "I missed you." Then dove his lips into mine.

He was gentle and hot with his lips at the same time.

"Draco." I pushed him off gently, "what is going on."

"I'm kissing you." He smirked.

"We practically grew up together, Draco and now your pulling me into a hidden place to kiss me?"

"Yes. Are you going to keep complaining, or let me kiss you again." He spoke seductively, leaning in closer.

I wanted to talk. I wanted to understand what was going through his head. I was confused. Confused on how his mind seemed to work, how he managed to switch between hot and cold at any given minute. But instead our lips clashed once again.

This time it was heavy, aggressive, and passionate.

"Did you miss me too?" He pulled away with a grin.

"Yes Draco." I spoke out of breath.

"I want you to spend your winter break with me. Back at the manor, like old times." Draco spoke softly, brushing my hair out of my face.

"It's been years since I've been there, not to mention your father-"

"Don't worry about him. You'll be with me." He insisted.

"Well, I was planning on going with Hermoine to visit Harry and the others." I spoke quietly, hoping not to upset his mood.

"Are you kidding me?" He scoffed.

That should've been expected.

"They're going through a tough time right now Draco, I need to at least visit them." I stepped closer, resting my hands against his chest. 

"I know, it's just- I was looking forward to having you all to myself."

Escaping with Draco would give me a chance to figure out what exactly this was. Maybe help me see things clearly. I also had my selfish reasons, to have him alone. It would be nice to be with him again, like we used to.