Chapter 9. Perfection

**CONTENT WARNING**
This chapter contains mature content such as sexual material. Material is explained further, see information in "Ongoing Updates, Publishing, Content Warnings."

Neveah Crow

"Good morning." Draco's voice nudged me awake as I opened my eyes. He rested on his arm, propping himself up on the pillow.

I didn't expect to wake up before him. Typically after a rough night he wouldn't leave his room till the afternoon. Instead, he woke early in the morning with a smile on his face. Despite his mood, the effects of last night were clear on his face. His eyelids puffed up, his eyes were dull with purple surrounding him. Luckily it was nothing the day couldn't wash away.

"Good morning," I squinted my eyes, adjusting to the light. "How long have you been awake?"

"Not long," he said. That was a lie. Looking closer I realized he laid over the sheets, fully dressed. His hair had been styled, pushed back with some gel. He'd been awake for hours, I was sure of it. I didn't ask why, I simply asked how he was feeling. And although I knew his answer would be yet another lie, I asked anyway.

"I'm making breakfast." Draco Malfoy did not know how to cook. Looking at my face he laughed, "okay, 'making' may not be the most accurate word for it. But it is homemade."

"Narcissa is cooking?"

"No, her and my father left early this morning without a word. They won't be back until tonight, not that I'm complaining." He sat up straight. "I sent Pansy and Blaise home as well. We have the whole house to ourselves."

"So, we are completely alone right now?" I perked up, "no interruptions? No awkward dinner or drunk friends?"

"Completely alone, Neveah." Draco leaned in, whispering in my ear. Just as I thought he might take advantage of the moment, he kissed me on the forehead and sprung off the bed. "Come down when you're ready." He walked out the door with a smirk.

"You tease!" I yelled at the closed door, knowing he heard me.

As I dressed myself I couldn't stop thinking about how easily he moved on. He didn't bring up last night, or show any signs of distress. I know I can't force him to talk to me, or demand an explanation. But I knew I could give him something new to think about. A good day he could enjoy.

Of course, it would help to look the part. A day completely alone with Draco was an occasion worthy of dressing for. Being born from a prestigious family had its perks, one being expensive clothes. I took advantage of it, dressing head to toe in a sleek designer. I took more time on my makeup than usual, along with my hair. By the time I made it downstairs, breakfast was ready. 

"Just in time," Draco walked in from the door that led to the garden. "Wow, Neveah. You look incredible." Those were the only words he managed to mutter. Slowly stepping closer, his eyes were basically undressing me.

"You think it's all right?" I asked innocently, giving a small spin.

"More than alright, trust me." He was a foot away now, his arms wrapped around my waist to pull me closer. "Too bad you won't need it. You're lucky I'm a gentleman, or I would've taken you right here, right now."

His whispers sent chills down my neck, my heart was racing. Malfoy has never been a patient man, but for some reason, today was an exception. After giving me a quick kiss on the lips, he took my hand and led me out the back door.

He led me through the gravel pass, flowers bloomed on each side. Kept alive by magic, their color was vibrant orange and red despite the cool weather. Finally, he moved from in front of me. Before us stood a marble gazebo. Flowers moved in the wire roof, the sun bounced off the posts, reflecting onto the soft snow from the night before. In the center was a small table made for two. Piles of food decorated the table as if it were a painting.