Chapter 3. Best Friend

Hey everyone! So no one really reads these but I plan on writing everyday :)

This chapter included a small look into Neveahs past which may be upsetting to some readers. It's quite important to the story later on.

"As the World Caves In" was playing in the background when I wrote this and it felt fitting. I went ahead and attached it so you're welcome to listen while reading :)

{updated 4.17.21}

Draco Malfoy

She's here. She's really here.

When I heard her name being called, I figured I misheard. That perhaps it was a memory I thought out loud. I never thought I'd hear her name again. I couldn't.

But there she was, walking through the doors.

She was older now, much older. Her chubby cheeks were replaced with strong bone structure. She was taller, standing with her shoulders back. She was more beautiful than I remember.

I thought I was dreaming. My own mind taunting me.

***

I waited at the Astronomy Tower, hoping she'd show up. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't. I was snappy, rude. Arrogant, as if I had something to show off. Habit, I suppose. I wanted to throw my arms around her. I wanted to feel some sign that she was alive and not a figment of my imagination. Nothing else mattered.

I hated seeing her with them, the Gryffindors. I hated seeing her with Potter.

She should've been with me.

"Draco?" I heard a soft whisper from behind me.

"Neveah. You came." I rushed over to her, I had to feel her.

I embraced her in a long hug, I had to make sure she wasn't a ghost. Hallucination or not I was thankful for it. She was in my arms after years of being apart. Years of waiting for this moment.

Her body was warm. She was real. I missed this.

She felt like home.

"Draco, what are we doing here?" She pulled away.

"I wanted to show you something." I took her hand, pulling her to the railing. I couldn't waste a moment. Fear that she would disappear any moment, fall into dust.

"The stars?" She laughed.

Her laugh. Oh god, her laugh.

"Do you remember when we were kids? We'd sneak out at night, climb up to the roof of the mansion. We used to search for the brightest star."

"I can't believe you remember that! Oh your mother begged us to come down when she caught us." She smiled up at the sky.

"I thought of you everyday Neveah."

"Dray this isn't a good idea. What happens when your father finds out?" Neveah spoke with fear. I was scared too, but I wouldn't show it. I'd rather fake enough confidence for the both of us.