Chapter 28: Birthday

Angel's Pov

I was sitting up from my bed while looking out the window in our room at night.

"Angel?" I heard Blade's sleepy voice. I looked at him while Victini was on his stomach "why are you up?" I looked back at the window.

"I slept enough"

"That might be so, but something's bothering you" I bit my lip "you don't like the idea of taking my dream, do you?" I nodded and looked down.

"I just feel bad about doing it..." he sighed and looked at the ceiling.

"The Pokémon League will always be there... If you didn't do what Giratina destined you to do, we can lose our Pokémon friends, then the Pokémon League will be no more..." I sighed.

"I'm starting to think gathering shadows in this region was just an excuse for me to leave the Distortion World"

"Well duh" I looked at him using his elbow to support his body "if Giratina didn't tell you to gather them, there would be no goal. Why would you leave the only place you knew? If he told you to leave, would you want to even be here?"

"I don't know..." I admit.

"See?" He reached for my bag and took out my badge case "your ghost types might've done this-" he opened my case to show me all my badges "-because they knew battling wasn't in your interest, but they knew you needed these to beat N and be our hero" he took out the light stone and sat up while crossing his legs to face me "Reshiram was calling you... You heard it and you felt its pain... It's okay to become champion before me. Ever since I met you in Kanto, all I ever wanted to do was make you smile... and look" he smiled at me. I couldn't help but smile back "You're smiling" I nodded and looked at Victini smiling at us.

"I remember you even made me smile when you gave me my necklace. My heart was dimmed because I was afraid... just basically afraid of my own shadow because I couldn't have cake... I was a fool for letting it happen that way"

"You were a kid. It's not like you knew any better. You were vulnerable and an easy target"

I held my heart "my heart was different from regular hearts because I connected with Reshiram..." I looked at Blade in the eye "I wonder what the heroes in other regions go through. I wonder who has Giratina's Willpower and if they will be a hero one day" he petted my head

"You don't worry about any of that. They have their own destinies. If they were real heroes, they wouldn't let their fear stop them from wanting something" I nodded.

"Let's see... Flora had a dimmed heart as a child because her dad died and she felt alone... Flame had a dim heart as a child because he didn't have a true family, even if he didn't know it. Rosa has a dim heart because she is lonely" I looked at my bag and peaked at the Pokeball I wanted to give her "and N has a bright heart with no shadow... his heart is in the right place but it's for the wrong reason... Ghetsis is making him a puppet" I hugged my legs and placed my chin on my knees "N is a kind person. It's in the shine of his eyes... even the legendary Pokémon Zekrom recognizes him"

"Do... you like N?" I blushed and hid my face.

"I-I think so..." I heard a sigh and heard him lay back down. I looked at him.

"Well, whatever you think, remember what's in your heart" I nodded "you have to battle N, and maybe convince him that his way is wrong... I know there are people that don't deserve Pokémon, but that's why we have Pokémon Rangers and such..." I laid on my side and looked at him staring at the ceiling "I'll try to make this birthday as great as possible" I smiled and watched him fall asleep.