Chapter 7: N

"My name is Ghetsis" the older man with the robe, surrounded by other men in uniform, spoke to the crowd with a kind smile Wing and I discovered was fake "I am here to represent Team Plasma. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to talk to you about Pokémon Liberation" the crowd started questioning why he started saying this.

"I'm sure most of you believe that we humans and Pokémon are partners that have come to live together because we want and need each other. However... Is that really the truth?"

"This is nonsense..." Wing glared and was about to say something before Litwick stopped her.

"Have you ever considered that perhaps we humans... assume that this is the truth?" Ghetsis walked side to side to speak to every person as much as possible. He looked at Litwick on top of Wing's head and kept his eyes on them.

"Pokémon are objects to the selfish commands of trainers... They get pushed around when they are our 'partners' at work. Can anyone with confidence say that there is no truth in what I'm saying?" People started muttering. Cheren glared while Wing was shaking and holding my arm.

"How dare-" Litwick covered her mouth to keep her from talking again.

"Now, ladies and gentlemen, Pokémon are different than humans. They are living beings that contain unknown potential. They are living beings from whom we humans have much to learn. Tell me, what is our responsibility towards these wonderful beings called Pokémon?" I looked down, starting to wonder if it was fine keeping Oshawatt from doing the things it wanted to do. I don't know what it really wants and I...

"That's right! We must liberate the Pokémon!" My heart felt heavy when hearing this "Then, and only then, humans and Pokémon truly be equals. Everyone, I end my words here today by implying you to consider the relationship between people and Pokémon... and the correct way to proceed. We sincerely appreciate your attention-"

"Shut your mouth!" Wing went off after moving Litwick away "You speak like you are perfect! What makes you think you understand anything about what Pokémon are feeling?!" My eyes widened at her anger. She suddenly lost her balance and fell into my arms while holding her chest in pain.

The group known as Team Plasma ignored Wing and packed up their things to leave, walking Ghetsis away like he was some king.

"Hey, you alright?" I placed Wing down while the crowd started separating. She took deep breaths, trying to control the pain in her chest "What is it? Is it your shadow...?"

"It is more complicated than that..." she looked at the crowd separating. I helped her back to her feet and dusted her "Blade" I looked back at her "Oshawatt likes you and enjoys its time with you. Do not forget that" Litwick floated around her and floated off "Hey! Why did you cover my mouth, Litwick?" She ran after it.

"You shouldn't run!" I said.

"Leave her be. She seems to know what she's doing" Cheren pocket his hands "she's good at reading others. I know that much. I hate the idea of releasing my Pokémon too, but I felt secure after what she said" I was surprised he gave a compliment.

I sent out Oshawatt so I could pick it up and have it face me "How's it going, buddy?" I smiled. Oshawatt smiled and started speaking its name over and over, happily. I chuckled and saw a glimpse of someone walking up to us from a long distance where the end of the crowd was before. It was a guy with a black and white hat, an odd necklace, and long green hair coming up to look at my Pokémon.

"Your Pokémon..." he said in a shocked voice "Just now, it was saying..." Cheren groaned a bit.

"Not this again... What? You heard it talking or something?" He asked.