Chapter 14: Museum

Angel's Pov

The freezing hand of my savior pulled me back to the ground from the ditch I was dangling from with cuts all around my arms and knees "That hurts!" I cried, wiping my tears with the back of my hand "Why didn't you come when I needed help?!" All my friends came to check up on me all at once "You're all so mean!"

"They said they were searching for you through the tall grass everywhere" I stopped crying and looked up at a boy whom I met before a long time ago "Snivy saw you and told me where you were" I looked down at the Snivy I saw earlier.

"Ah, I see..." I sniffled "I am lucky then. Thank you, Snivy" Snivy nodded "and thank you... N, was it?" He slowly nodded and looked at his hand he held me with "I am thankful you were around to save me. How can I ever repay you?" He looked at my Lampent.

"I came to see how your Lampent was doing. It was in pain earlier in battle..." he walked up to Lampent "I couldn't hear the voice of its heart while it was in pain, but it somehow was in pain with you" I softly gasped.

"You can read the hearts of Pokémon too?" He was surprised to discover what I was able to do "I do not understand them in proper English, but I understand them through emotions" he nodded.

"I understand in English..." he glanced away, feeling a bit awkward around me.

"Oh, forgive me. I may have seemed to come on too strong" I held my chest "I also can understand the heart of others" his eyes widened again "If I make you uncomfortable, forgive me. Thank you very much for rescuing me" I looked at my friends feeling guilty for not rescuing me on time "I am not upset. You tried finding me, and that's all that matters" Sableye was holding up my Griseous orb. I shouldn't take it in front of N. "let's go find Blade" I nodded to Sableye to keep the orb for now and watched them all leave.

"Huh?" N looked around confused as I picked up my egg "Where did they go?" He asked me.

"Hm? I'm not really sure" they just wander on their own and follow me in the shadows.

"You don't have them in capsules like other people do?" I shook my head.

"Zebstrika is the only one who has a Pokéball"

"An interesting human..." I looked at him confused "not many humans would let their Pokémon free-" I quickly stood close to him and looked around when feeling a shadow nearby.

"Shh... They react faster when they hear loud noises" I felt his eyes on me before looking around with me. I carefully gave my egg to him "Take my egg to safety. I need to handle something without letting my egg get hurt"

"What are you going to do...?" We snapped our heads to the side when hearing a loud roar coming from that direction. Shuppet and Misdreavus hurried to handle it. Before we knew it, there were multiple shadows forming all around us that were as big as houses.

"W-Why are there so many shadows here?!" All my friends went off to handle the situation to make things easier for me, but there were so many around us that I didn't have enough friends to help me "Zebstrika, come out and use your light!" I threw its Pokéball to send it out, but it never opened "What?!"

"Pokéballs don't work in this forest" N said.

"W-Why?!"

"This forest is unique. There are many stories of people going crazy out here and taking their lives... Some say its magnetic fields that prevent Pokéballs or electronics from working" he was awfully calm for someone who is witnessing moving shadows all around him!

"People take their lives here...?" I looked around horrified "It's no wonder... This forest is so dark and covered in these shadows! We need light to take them down!" Lampent was too busy to assist me. I felt my breath thickening in fear that a shadow would end up taking over me "W-What do I do...? I never battled against them before" I hung onto N's arm "What do I do...? I can't use Zebstrika for light... light... they're going to take my light"