Chapter 24: Clay

Blade's Pov

"Blade... you still haven't told her you two are siblings?" Cheren asked while I watch Angel run to the bridge "she said she's going to look for her brother. Why can't you just tell her? Don't let her leave man" I frowned and looked down at Espeon who had escaped his Pokéball and watched Angel running.

"I'm going to tell her before she has a chance to leave... I wanna tell her on our birthday"

"But that's two weeks from now..." I nodded.

"I'm going to make the journey to the Celestial Tower as long as I can..."

"Remember dude, you did tell me she caught a Victini by teleporting to Liberty Garden. That's far away... As much as she annoys me, you better not let her go" he frowned "I don't know how long you've been so sad those years ago when you told me and Bianca that your sister went missing and your dad died... I don't want you to be sad again" I frowned and looked down.

"It's okay..." I smiled at him "don't worry about me. I won't let her slip out of my hands. I've waited years to have her back... I'm not letting go of her again" he nodded and started walking.

"Good, because I hate for my best friend to be sad. I don't like your sister honestly" he chuckled.

"I already caught that, but why?"

"Because" he looked up at the sky "she has the same look in her eyes that you do... I know you're a strong trainer Blade, and she's the same as you..." he faced me "I'm not giving up, I'm going to become champion" I smirked.

"We'll see about that" we walked through the bridge and saw Angel climbing up some of the bridge string "Angel! What are you doing!? That's dangerous!" I yelled.

She ignored me and continued climbing "what is she doing?" Cheren asked. I looked down at Espeon.

"Espeon, do some-" Lampent appeared in front of me "Lampent..?" She shook her head and looked up at Angel continuing to climb. We just watched.

She reached an iron horizontal pole and sat down to pick something up. Some kind of grey puff ball. She stood up and lost her balance.

Cheren ran up to her and caught her bridal style. I sighed in relief and ran up to her "are you alright?!"

"Yes..." she looked at Cheren. His face turned bright red.

"Dude" I narrowed my eyes. He flinched and looked away after putting her down. I sighed "Thanks man, you saved her..." he nodded.

"I gotta go" he ran off. Angel looked at him confused.

"That feeling again..." I stared at her "It's the same as when you're around Elesa" I flinched. Cherem has a crush on Angel!? No! I won't allow it!

"What you got there?" I asked, changing the subject, while looking at the puff ball.

"A Pokémon... It's injured..." She moved it a bit and I could see its face. It's a Minccino!

"Let's take it to the Pokémon Center" she nodded and sent out Zebstricka to carry us to the Pokémon Center as fast as possible... I think I'm going to be sick... this thing really can run at the speed of lightning...

We made it the Driftveil City and stormed into the Pokémon center to help the injured Minccino.

"How long do you think it'll take before she's better?" Angel asked while looking through a window to another room where Minccino was being treated.

"You have to be patient" I said, rubbing on her arm. She sighed and looked down at Espeon.

"Espeon sees the good in you, Blade" I looked down at him "You gained his trust" I smiled and squatted to his height.