Chapter 22: Ferris Wheel

Angel's Pov

I walked around with Pikachu and Lampent in such a pretty city! There're so many things I can do here!

Sableye had forced me to change my clothes into a white summer dress with some flowers and some flats... I have no idea why. She did sign that it's only for today. So, I guess today, I will wear this cute dress!

"Pika! Chu!" Pikachu pointed up ahead. Two Team Plasma grunts were messing with a old man! I ran over to help him.

"Gramps! We know you run the day care!" One of them said. He runs the day care? He's the one that gave me Pikachu!

"How do you know that?" The man asked.

"Because we're Team Plasma!"

"We are taking Pokémon away from people" the other grunt said "since you work at the day care, we figured you must have a lot of Pokémon! Hand them over!" The man glared.

"What kind of nonsense is this!?" He looked around, saw me, then ran to my side "You! You were the young lady who I gave that egg to!" He eyed Pikachu and smiled "please help me!" I nodded.

"Yes sir!" I glared at the grunts.

"If you're going to get in our way, we'll take your Pokémon, too!" One of the grunts used a device and grabbed Pikachu off my shoulder.

"No! Pikachu!" I frowned.

"Pika!" She cried.

"Use thunder shock!" She used her powers, but it didn't do a thing. They both laughed.

"Sorry kiddo! This net is Pokémon power proof. No one can break it!" I glared and sent out Snivy.

"Snivy! Leaf tornado and get back Pikachu!" Snivy nodded and created a tornado of leaves, then attacked the grunts flying around uncontrollably. Pikachu was in the air and out their hands "vine whip!" Snivy grabbed Pikachu and gave her to me "good job! Now let them down" she stopped the tornado and dropped the the grunts to the ground

"This went downhill fast!" One of them said while having a hard time standing still "so I think... we'd better... ruun!" They ran but ended up running into each other "let's hide out at the amusement park!" They ran off.

"They are such a drag" I sighed.

"Thank you so much!" The man smiled while I freed Pikachu from this cage. She cheered and climbed my shoulder happily "is that from the Pokémon egg that I have you?"

"Yes! She evolved from a Pichu not too long ago" Pikachu looked at him confused.

"She's lovely" Pikachu blushed embarrassed "please take this as a token of my gratitude" he gave me a small light-yellow marble attached to a string "It's a light ball. I simply adore Pikachu and knew this was something they liked. Given my dream of having one, I want to give this to you" I smiled and put it around Pikachu. She looked at it in awe

"Are you sure you want to give this to me?" He nodded, sure of it "thank you so much!"

"I am happy to see that your Pokémon is growing bright and healthy. I must be going. Good day" he bowed and walked away.

"Angel!" I heard Bianca call and come towards me "Where's Blade?" She looked around, standing a good distance between us.

"In the battle subway "

"Typical" she giggled "anyways, the professor told me Nimbasa City has a lot of things to see and do. The amusement park, the big stadium, small court, and the battle subway! I would have figured that Blade would be in the Battle Subway. He has always been interested in beating the Pokémon league. It's been his dream since we were kids" I stared at her trying really hard to act normal but could tell she was still uncomfortable around me.