Chapter 10: Wisp

Blade's Pov

"Ah... It's over" Cress smiled after our battle had finished. The crowd in the restaurant had cheered for my victory, making it worth that this battle took almost two hours.

"It's over..." I was breathing heavily, not getting a break between brothers taking their turns "We did it, buddy" I smiled at my newly evolved Pokémon, Oshawatt to Dewott.

"Dew!" It smiled and came to hug my leg, tired alongside Lillipup.

"Congratulations... You... are very strong" Cilan smiled "Seems like not even Chili or Cress could beat you" he nervously laughed. Cress smiled with a nod while Chili rolled his eyes.

"You earned this" Cress walked over to me with his brothers and handed over my first badge. Yes!

"Thank you!" I took the badge and bowed, feeling embarrassed that the audience kept clapping for me "I-It wasn't a big deal"

"It's a shame your friend didn't stay to see you succeed" Chili held his hip "What a friend" he snorted.

"Don't say that, Chili" Cilan sweat dropped.

"As our tradition goes" Cress cut in "Since you won, you earned yourself a free meal. Will your friend come back and join you?"

"Uh... I'm pretty sure she already ate" I'll have to look for her once I leave "Can I get my food to go?"

"Certainly" Cress bowed and went off to get me a menu and left after. Chili and Cilan stared over at the exit with unreadable looks on their faces. I thought back to how their first encounter with Wing happened.

"Excuse me?" I called. Cilan put his attention to me while Chili continued looking at the exit.

"Please, right this way to your table..." Cilan bowed and escorted me back to my table.

"Er... You know my friend that was here earlier?" I asked. Cilan just stared at me "Do you know her-?"

"No" he said almost immediately.

"O-Oh... I just thought..." what's with this weird atmosphere? "Since all of you pretty much glared at her-" Chili came out of nowhere and slapped the table, freaking me out.

"What would you like to order to go, you said?" he asked, burning his eyes into mine "We don't know who your friend is, sir" his voice was stern and to the point, not wanting to continue this conversation.

"What's your problem with her?" I got defensive.

"She's a unique character" Cress came over to us with a glass of water "She was the one that glared at us first" that couldn't be true, but then again Wing can see things no other person is able to see. I can only guess why she was bothered by them "What would you like to order?" Without looking through the menu, I ordered the usual thing Cheren gets me and Bianca when he's coming home from teaching kindergarten.

The three bowed to me and left to place my order "I don't like that girl" I heard Chili whisper "Should we be concerned?" I ignored what they talked about and waited for my food to be ready. As soon as I got it, I left as soon as possible to look for Wing. Gengar showed up in my face and scared me to death!!

"What's your problem?!" I shouted, watching Wing's Gengar laughing at me like how it had done when scaring me for days on the route getting to this city "Quit playing around and show me where Wing is!" Gengar continued to laugh but gestured to me to follow and lead me to the park where Wing was.

She was sitting under a tree while reading a stack of books that looked like they came from the trainer school and library "Wing..." I called, suspicious that she allowed Gengar to steal again.