Chapter 20: Bianca

Blade's Pov

I couldn't take my eyes away from Angel's memories as she dreamed. While I watched, I noticed that my face and name were blurred, so she couldn't tell that it was me.

I cried so much. I couldn't blink and miss a second. I didn't want to move... I finally understood why she gave me the cold shoulder... Her shadow had corrupted her light... all because she was sad over cake. She was right when she said children are easy targets...

Whenever something nice happened, that light returned to her eyes... And it was beautiful... but it had gone away, and she went back to being her cold self. but one thing is for sure, I knew she never took off that necklace I gave her. I smiled so hard. Happy she loved it that much.

Losing all that sleep tired me out. I slept all day and still had a headache, and my eyes were still dry!

We went off to the Pokémon Center so we could heal our Pokémon and get my eyes checked up. I was given some drops in my eyes, and I still needed to keep the glasses on, oh well.

Now I wait for Angel while she went off to who knows where. Pichu looked around as soon as I picked her and the rest of Angel's Pokeballs up.

"I guess she's out looking around. We should wait" I sighed "Why did she choose to leave when I wasn't gone for that long?" Pichu just stared at me "What is it?" She pointed at me.

"Yes Pichu, Angel and I are twins. That's why we look alike. She doesn't know yet because when I tell her, I want it to be on our birthday... before she goes back... home..." she climbed my shoulder and pet my head "I hope she stays... I've spent my life, wondering what it would be like to have her back in my life..."

After a long while of waiting, Angel finally came back, claiming that she caught a Pokémon while fishing! It's a strange claim since I didn't know she knew how to fish. Perhaps someone showed her, but this doesn't make it any better on my part. Aside from being disappointed that she went off on her own without me, she has more Pokémon than I do! I seriously need to catch up!

We spent days walking through this city and she still won't show me her new Pokémon! To keep my nerves from going crazy, I just pretend it's a Magikarp or something.

"Isn't that the Pokémon Gym?" Angel pointed. I looked up from my Xtransceiver and saw the Pokemon Gym sign. We're here!

"Come on!" I ran towards the door and ran into someone. The stranger and I fell on the ground almost instantly "I'm so sorry..." I looked up and saw Cheren cleaning his glasses with his shirt and putting them on "Cheren!" He looked at me.

"Oh! Blade! It's been a while" we helped each other up "What's with the outfit? You look like a businessman" I smirked and put my hands on my hips confidently.

"Well, we are serious when it comes to things we want" I said. He chuckled and glanced at Angel, then at her Pichu.

"Whoa!" He fixed his glasses so he could see Pichu clearly "It that a Pichu!? They're pretty rare in the Unova Region" he was too close for their liking. Pichu used a thunder shock to electrocute him. Shocking Angel in the process.

"Pichu..." Angel frowned, not getting hurt at all, and had no choice but to put her back in her Pokeball.

"What in the world was that?!" Cheren glared, Angel looked uncomfortable and a bit annoyed, and looked away. She might not have her shadow, she might not have her negative traits, but she sure can get annoyed by Cheren and be sassy about it.

"You shouldn't have been in our faces" He glared and looked at me. I sweat dropped and looked away, wanting no part in this.

"Whatever" he fixed himself and looked at me again "I still don't trust her, you know?" He said, "but what I learned the other day, it looks like there's no helping it" Angel looked at him confused "I just challenged the Gym Leader; Burgh"