-Chapter 13-

I'm so so so sorry this update is mega late. I had this written and finished weeks ago but just never got around to posting. If you still follow this story thank you so much. If you're new that's just fine I hope you enjoy it. What do you think Reyna's gonna do?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I awoke to find myself laying in bed.

I was back at the castle. Back in Lordanelle. And I had work to do.

Springing from my lavish bed I surveyed the dawn light taking a moment to relish the swishing of the curtains and the shimmering city beyond.

My city. People who needed my protection. It was my duty to care for and defend the people at any cost.

Kiera entered on quiet feet the look of surprise on her face quickly vanished before she curtsied.

"My princess, let me help you begin your day."

I nodded, allowing her to braid back my hair and add some colour to my lips. I offered her a smile once she finished, requesting Katrina be brought in.

I needed to have a chat with my aunt.

Lounging on the sofa I idly tapped my foot in impatience. A few moments passed and I relaxed hearing her light steps in the hall.

Kat barged in without knocking, her eyes scanning the room before resting on me. It took her less than a second to mark every window and exit. To memorize where I was and where everything was placed in the room.

I dipped my head to her in greeting declaring, "I want to host a party."

Kat blinked her face expressionless. It was near commercial to see her face morph into amusement at my statement.

Upon watching my face for any sense of humour she narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"Excuse me?"

"A party," I repeated, folding my hands on my lap.

"Why." A demand and a question.

I was treading on dangerous territory...

Shrugging I turned to the window, "I have returned, why not celebrate?"

Plus it would be a perfect opportunity to slip away. A distraction from politics and an opportunity

If she was surprised Kat masked it, quirking a brow, "I know you have been away but much has happened. Your safety was at risk, that was why we had you return. People are against having you on the throne. Having you even be treated like royalty. They claim you are Northerner scum and wish to have you return north."

Or dead. Was the part she left out.

A moment of Kat watching me skeptically before she said breezily, "And a theme?"

I rocked back on the balls of my feet as an idea popped into my head. I shrugged smiling slyly at her as I replied, "Masks."

Kat raised her brows repeating as though confused, "Masks... Why?"

"Masks are unique," I said simply in hopes of her not pushing the matter.

"I'll see what the Council can do."

Once Kat left I dressed rushing out to the courtyard. Only to be stopped, the guard gave me an assessing look, "You are not allowed to leave Princess."

Stunned, I clenched my fists. This was my Queendom! I was in charge!

"On whose orders?"

The guard averted his gaze. "The city is not safe."