-Chapter 4-

Morning my loves! My school has started online classes which start today which is a bummer. However, since I'm home more I hope to write more of this story. What do you think of Synthea? What about Leahanne and Death. What of the Ghost?

Star and add to your library to receive notifications when I update next as you really don't want to miss out! I really appreciate it.

I've posted some character aesthetics from Chapter 2 and will be posting more shortly. You can check more of them out on my Instagram at _Sinfullywicked_

——————————————————-

I winced as the horse leapt over a fallen log. My muscles ached from the crappy bed at the Inn and I awoke to my body protesting in discomfort. Cora had remained silent all morning obediently riding with Kat where they conversed between just the two of them.

Cora hadn't even glanced my way. My heart panged yearning to share my thoughts of the journey and what I thought of Lordanelle with her. However my mind couldn't forget what she'd spat at me the night prior.

I'd said some.. awful things. And she- she had said things that hurt me. We'd move past it in time. Hopefully soon.

While Cora rode with Kat in silence I was stuck listening to Ellias bellyache a good mile into the ride of how the beds at the Inn killed his back. As though realizing I was half listening he switched topics to his tales of Lordanelle.

"Now one time, long long ago the gods had a skirmish. This was when serpents ruled the waters between Lordanelle and the Southern isles. It was a dark time for faeries."

"Serpents really?" I laughed amused at the seriousness of his tone.

Ellias shot me a look, "Serpents are very much alive till this day and dangerous. Now back to the story." He cleared his throat loudly to get even Cora's attention. "This was a time when Death took a mortal lover for the first time in centuries. As you can imagine it enraged his wife Trinity.. Who do you wonder lured the faithful Death from his duties? Who could possible enchant him so? Liahanne Ferrele. She was a young member of the common folk having nothing to her name besides the needlework she'd do in town. Liahanne had no idea who the male who had enchanted her was but she also needn't worry. She knew the male would look after her and she had the desire to marry him herself. But the real enchanting part of the story was that Death used his true name. A name so powerful having wielding it you can control the balance of life and Death. Of course Liahanne, being a mortal girl, had no idea she was romanticizing a deity. Nor of the power behind that name she called on so lovingly."

The horse whinnied, startling me before continuing along. Almost as though agreeing with the tale, I nudged Ellias, "so what happened."

"Trinity searched for the girl and chased Liahanne out of the faerie lands entirely. The poor girl fled to the Southern Isles where she hid fearing for her life. She waited for years all alone, waiting for her lover to return to her. Death never returned."

"What became of her?"

Ellias shrugged a smile tugging his lips, "Mixed theories. Some say she died as she was mortal. Others claim she had been gifted a pendant by Death which granted her immortality, and she still waits for him till this day in the Southern Isles."

I snorted rolling my eyes, "Either way that's a horrible ending."

"Perhaps."

"Perhaps?"

"It was love, Reyna."

"Gods cannot love. If Death loved her he would have searched for her no matter the years it took." I stated soundly.