It should've been me

Mitch, Scott, Kirstie, Matt and Kevin were all hanging out in the lounge area when Ben walked up with a stack of papers "we have a problem" he said as he put down the stack.

Kevin picked one up "what is this?" Ben sighed as he sat down "checks that were never turned in. Our new employee who runs both the fan club and our merch store has been taking money yet not actually paying them forward."

Mitch furrowed his eyebrows "Jack? He's been so sweet. He wouldn't do this." Kirstie nodded "yeah, I mean, Jack even got Mitch that ring."

Scott rolled his eyes "just because Jack is trying to suck up to Mitch by buying him Jewelry, doesn't mean he's not a bad guy." Matt widened his eyes at Scott's harsh tone "dude, chill, what's your problem?"

"He's just mad because he didn't get a ring" Kevin chipped in, the group started laughing, except from Scott, until Ben cut them off "guys, this is Serious. We need to find out where all that money is going to."

Scott nodded "I agree. So we should all go and speak to him." Ben nodded and got up "ok, let's go." When the rest of the group got up Mitch was taken off guard by Scott pulling him into a kiss.

"I've been wanting to do that all day." Mitch giggled "stop, they'll see us."

Scott shook his head as they started walking to catch up with the group "I don't care, I hate sneaking around." Mitch nodded "me too, but remember what we said." Scott sighed as he quoted what they agreed on "I continue my relationship with Mark and then we come clean once we know this relationship is going to work."

Mitch nodded "exactly, just one more month. Ok?" Scott sighed "fine, but you owe me." When the got to the office where Jake had been they started confronting him.

Jake kept giving excuses "I have the documents, I'll prove it to you. I never used that money for anything else. Let me make it up to you all." Mitch was looking down, not making eye contact.

Jake spoke again "Mitch, I didn't do this, you know that." Mitch was about to speak but stopped himself, not knowing what to say."

Jake got up "I'll prove it." He turned to walk out but Ben said "we want to see those documents." Ben hesitantly nodded and then walked out.

Mitch got up suddenly and chased after Jake, everyone watched as he left. They knew how close Mitch was with him. Mitch always wanted to see the good in everyone so it was no surprise he wanted this all to be a misunderstanding.

"Jake, wait!" Mitch caught up to Jake who was already at his car "how could you do this to me? To us?" Jake shook his head "I didn't Mitch, you have to believe me." Mitch stepped back a little "how can I believe you when I don't even trust you."

Jake sighed "I love you Mitch, you know that. You're like the younger brother I never had, give me a few days and I swear I will get you the documents."

Mitch didn't say anything as Jake then drove away.
-----------------------------
A week later Mitch woke up with Scott in bed next to him after doing the nasty all night before.

Mitch was disappointed in Jake because no documents appeared in that whole week. He kept calling and calling to see when he could get the documents but no call back. The band then realized that Jake had left town, right after talking with Mitch.

Mitch saw he had a missed call from Jake and picked up quickly as Scott shifted beside him "mmm, who you calling?" Mitch shushed him.

"Mitch, I have the documents, come to the day Inn alone. I'm in room 153." Mitch heard Jake say as Mitch did a sigh of relief "yeah, I'll be there." He hung up the phone.

Mitch sighed as he pecked Scott on the lips "Jake, says he's going to give me the documents at the Days Inn Motel." Scott nodded and started getting dressed "I'll come with you."

Mitch shook his head "no, he said to come alone." Scott rose an eyebrow "that sounds suspicious." Mitch rolled his eyes and gave Scott another kiss "you go home to Mark, I will call you after I have the documents. Ok?" Scott nodded "I love you." Mitch smiled "love you too." They shared another quick kiss before Mitch left.

When Mitch got to the Days Inn he went to room 153 and knocked. Jake opened the door and Mitch walked in.

He closed the door behind him and Jake smiled as Mitch sighed and crossed his arms "where are the documents?" Jake sighed "I don't have them."

Mitch's eyes widened "WHAT!?" Jake sighed "I just wanted to see you." Mitch shook his head "I can't believe you, Jake, I trusted you. I believed in you, and then you pull this?"

Jake looked down "I-" Mitch scoffed "No, you're fired. I don't want to see you ever again." Mitch took off the ring that Jake gave him but didn't get to put it down because at that very moment Jake took out a gun from his bag.

Mitch gasped and turned towards the door, he got it open but fell against the door frame as a shot went off.
Mitch held his chest as he saw the blood everywhere. He ran all the way across the motel to the front desk area.

"HELP! HELP! PLEASE!"

The manager came and saw as Mitch ran in and collapsed on the floor, blood was pooling around him and one of the workers gasped "that's Mitch Grassi."

The man tried to talk to Mitch as Mitch kept going in and out of consciousness "sir, can you tell me what happened? Who shot you?" Mitch muttered "room...153...J-Jake." Mitch stopped talking all of a sudden as someone got on the phone.

Mitch's eyes closed and the owner felt his pulse, it was really slow but still there none the less.

Within minutes an ambulance came and lifted Mitch onto the stretcher. The paramedics rushed him into the ambulance and incubated him.

One of the paramedics tried to put in an I.V. but since he had lost so much blood loss the brains had shrunk and they couldn't get it in.

In that very moment, Mitch's hand fell open and the ring that Jake had given him fell out.
-----------------------
Meanwhile Scott was sitting on the couch with Mark, watching T.V. when Scott got a call.

He picked it up and his face went pale white, well, whiter than usual.

"What? Ok, yeah. Ok, I'll be right there."

Mark furrows his eyebrows in confusion as Scott stands up abruptly.

"What's wrong?" Scott was a blubbering mess "Mitch, is in the hospital. He's been shot." Marks eyes widened "oh, let me go with you."

They got to the hospital with a crying Kirstie and Matt and Kevin were there pacing back and forth. Hoping for good news.

The doctor came out with a sad look on his face "I'm sorry, we did everything we could..." Scott's mind blanked as he fell to the floor and started balling his eyes out. With only one thing going through his mind.

It should've been me
------------

Let me know if you would like a part 2