Papaoutai

Up top is the video of what inspired this chapter of how Mitch took over Scott's part when Scott was feeling sick. I think this was on the spot for Mitch (at least that's how I like to look at it) he was just helping his best friend.

I also feel like this is on the spot bc this is the only video where Mitch and Scott are actually staring at each other the whole time in the little thing before Mitch takes over and I swear I could kinda see Scott kinda do a dancing motion but it looks like he's doing some motion to telepathically tell Mitch to take over. So enjoy this chappy!!
-------------------

(Mitch's POV)

It was the day of our live show in Berlin and I was excited as we ran through all the songs, stopping every few minutes for Scott to take a breather and try to catch up. Usually Scott was amazing at giving his all while still belting every note flawlessly so that only meant one thing...Scott was sick.

After we were told to go back stage and start changing after meet and greet or what not I go up to Scott who is taking a drink of water and just stare at him.

He looks at me weird as he brings the water bottle away from his mouth, swallowing the remaining water he says "yes?" I feel his forehead and it does feel a little warm but nothing to the extreme "you're sick." I state as I pull my hand away.

Scott gasps sarcastically "really? I had no idea!" I pout and cross my arms "not funny." He just smiles and starts changing his shirt. I'm already dressed in my attire so I just watch him "are you sure you can perform? You were taking a lot of breaths during each song."

Scott rolls his eyes "I'm fine, just a stuffy nose. That's all." He ruffles my hair and smirks as I gasp and take out a hair tie, now putting my messed up hair into a little man bun.

Scott went to the bathroom to change and when he comes out he smiles "cute." I roll my eyes as I keep my arms crossed with a worried expression on my face.

He comes up to me and puts his hands on both my shoulders gently "I'm fine Mitchie." I go to say something but he cuts me off "I promise that if I feel like I need a break I'll tell you."

I sigh and nod, ending the conversation there as we are now called to start the show. We do our normal show circle and then start the show with Kirstie's "Lala's and Kevin's beats to problem as Avi, Scott and I start our daft punk medley.

We start hearing the crowd cheer and start walking up onto the stage in the dark as the lights come up showing our sillouette's as we stop singing.

Kevin then starts the song after a few seconds and 'problem' starts. Scott seemed ok during that performance, taking little extra breaths here and there but other than that he seemed fine.

As the show continued on though I could see he was getting tired yet still giving his all as always.

Once Papaoutai started I knew he was not going to get through that song on his own. After the rap part we did the choreography and turned towards each other as Kirstie and Avi turn towards each other.

Instead of me jamming out in my own little bubble I stare at Scott deeply as if to say 'are you ok?" Scott picked up on it and slightly shook his head as he tried dancing a little.

By the time that part was almost over he did a little motion that to anyone else would've looked like a part of a dance but to me he was making a cutting motion with his hand as to say 'I can't'

When it's time for me to turn to Kevin I start singing Scott's part as Kirstie looks confused and then gets a knowing smirk on her face as I start singing...

" est ton papa ?
Dis-moi est ton papa ?
Sans même devoir lui parler
Il sait ce qui ne va pas
Ah sacré papa
Dis-moi es-tu caché ?
Ça doit, faire au moins mille fois que j'ai
Compté mes doigts
Hey!"

After the song we go into Aha and go on with the rest of the show.

After the show we all run back stage and Scott gives me a long hug as I gladly reciprocate "ugh, thank you so much. You're literally a life saver."

We pull away and I laugh as Kirstie hugs me out of nowhere "OMG! Your French is sooooo good!" I giggle as I hug her back "thanks Kit."

Avi and Kevin come up behind us "how about some celebratory milkshakes?" Kevin suggests as Kirstie gasps and nods as Avi agrees. Scott gives a weary smile "I don't know, I better get some rest before tomorrow night's show. Try to get rid of this cold."

Kirstie looks at me and I sigh "I should probably stay with Scott, make sure he actually gets some rest." I say as Kirstie nods and walks away with Kevin and Avi.

I sigh and turn back to Scott "how about, when we get back to the hotel we will order room service, get in bed and watch sponge Bob." Scott groans at the sound of that "that sounds perfect."

He then takes my hand and walks us to the dressing room to get changed and get to the hotel as quickly as possible.