My Christmas Guardian Angel

Christmas Eve 2006, 15yrs old

Scott got up excitedly as he changed his outfit like 20 times to pick the right outfit. He ran downstairs to see his dad sitting in an armchair reading the newspaper as Scott ran to the kitchen to bake some cookies and eggnog with some of his dad's alcohol.

As he waited for the cookies to bake he ran upstairs and dialed his best friend, Marks, number. "Hello?" He heard Mark say as Scott realized the phone sounded fuzzy on Marks end "what phone are you calling me on?" He could hear Mark tense as he said casually "oh, I'm studying at Sarah's house..."

Scott scoffed "Sarah doesn't know how to study, she's the class slut. Remember?" He could hear Mark sigh "Scott, I'm sorry but we can decorate some other time. I promise." Scott go upset "No! You are unbelievable. I made cookies and eggnog and you promised that once my mom died you would always be there."

Mark gasped "Oh! Like I haven't been there! I am my own person Scott! You don't need me there every day. I swear you are unbelievable sometimes." Scott started tearing up "you know what? I don't care, do whatever you want. You're dead to me and if it wasn't clear enough this friendship is over. Don't call, don't text and I definitely don't want to see you." He then hung up the phone.

He threw his phone on the bed as he wrote a letter to Mark and ran outside to put it in the mail.

(present Day, 2016)

(Scott's POV)
I was coming home from my job when I remembered I had to meet my fiance, Kirstie's, parents tonight. U was not really in the mood but if it made her happy then I was all for it.

When I finally got home I was putting down my work stuff as I felt Kirstie jump on me and squeal "you're back!" I laugh and put her down as I turn around to kiss her.

"C'mon. My parents are already here." I nod and fix my tie as I walk to the dinning room to see Angelica and Daniel Maldonado sitting at the table.

We start eating and talking and then Kirstie mom starts telling me what to do and what not to do and suddenly I feel very uncomfortable. "Scuse me." I say as I get up.

I changed out of the suit and put on some running gear. I leave the apartment as Kirstie follows "hey, where are you going?" I sigh "I'm going on a run to clear my head."

She sighs "look, just stay a while. C'mon it'll be fine." I shake my head "no, I just...I love you but it's just too much I mean why are we even having a Christmas wedding?" Kirstie shrugs "because it'll be fun?" I shake my head "Kirst, I lost my mom when I was 15, I lost my dad a few tears ago on Christmas and I stopped talking to my best friend on Christmas Eve and she later passed away a few years after that. I have no one to celebrate the holidays with."

Kirstie sighed "Scott..." I sigh "I'll be back, just...I need air." She nods and I leave. When I'm jogging I stop at an intersection. To wait to cross and I see a man on a bike texting. That's strange but I let it slide. Until I see a car smash into him and the man falls off the bike "Shit!" He curses in a surprisingly high voice.

I run to him "Oh My God, are you ok?" The man that was in the car got out too "yo, you saw that right I'm so sorry bro." The guy that was on the bike gets up with out a scratch and picks up his bike "I'm fine. Don't worry."

I gasp "let me call 911." The guy shakes it off "no, please. I don't need 911." The man that hit him with the car nodded "he said he's fine, don't call 911." I pick up the man's wallet.

"Are you Mitch Markson Grassi?" The guy rolled his eyes "don't you know not to touch anyone's belongings?" I sigh as he takes the wallet out of my hand "I'm sorry."