[fifteen]

xv

warning: underage drinking

aster

"Remus John Lupin you'll pay for that," I exclaim, trying to cover up the fact that I just jumped two feet in the air. "You're such a tosser."

He laughs good-naturedly as he joins myself and Lily at our usual spot in the library. I smirk to myself as he receives a stern shush from Madame Pince.

"And you've ruined my bloody essay," I mutter crossly once I see the state of the page in front of me, a deep scowl returning to my face.

He gives a sheepish grin and passes the tip of his wand over my parchment, whispering a quiet spell so that the ink blot disappears completely, leaving behind only my scribbly writing.

"We agreed to meet almost twenty minutes ago," Lily informs, marking the page and closing her Potions book. "Is everything alright?"

He waves her off and begins to take out his own things. "Just the lads trying to convince me to ask you both something – it doesn't matter."

This catches my attention. We both look up from our work, intrigued.

"What do they want?" she enquires slowly, obviously suspicious.

He shrugs casually. "You guys would've said no so don't worry I've declined anyways."

I scoff. "Remus, this manipulation technique won't work."

"Yes it will." Lily turns to the secret werewolf who's wearing a shit eating grin. "What did they ask?"

Rolling my eyes at her self-sabotaging curiosity, I return to my parchment and begin a new paragraph on the eighteenth century Goblin Rebellion.

"The boys were wondering—"

I cough out, "Potter."

"Yes, well he was wondering if you two wonderful ladies would like to join us for a game of 'never have I ever' in our dorm tonight – alcohol proided."

Now it's Lily's turn to roll her eyes. "You've got to be mad if you think we'd go."

"And I was invited?" I ask incredulously. "They all hate my guts."

Remus shakes his head lightly. "Aster, that's not true."

"Why do they want me there then?"