[twelve]

xii

aster

aster

"So you wouldn't shag anyone?" I ask dubiously.

"I don't believe this is an appropriate question."

"Out of the whole school, not one person?"

Professor McGonagall sighs irritably and looks up from her corrections. "Miss O'Connor, if you're unable to continue your detention without asking indecorous questions, I'd be happy to hand you over to Argus Filch and you can serve your last hour with him."

"Am I that much of a distraction to you, Professor?" I tease good-naturedly, giving her a cheeky shoulder roll.

"Miss O'Connor.." she starts in a warning tone.

I gasp in pretend shock, placing a hand over my chest. "Am I the one that you want to shag? Of course I would say yes but our love is forbidden. A student and their educator. Oh how romantic, written in the—"

With a final warning look from the strict teacher in front of me, I decide to surrender and continue with my lines.

I must not display sexual desires in front of the entire student body and faculty.

I go to dip my quill in more ink as the writing has become faint, but stop when I notice McGonagall watching me carefully. I raise an eyebrow, silently asking what's wrong.

She clears her throat and removes the glasses from her face. "Professor Slughorn—"

My eyes widen considerably as I yell, "He's the one you'd let into your restricted section!? Honestly Professor there's no judgment coming from me I just can't see how—"

"Asteria O'Connor if you could stop attacking the first words of every sentence I utter as if it were your next meal I would be eternally grateful," she snaps. I give a sheepish smile. "What I was trying to say was that your head of house told me of the future career choices you have in mind."

"Asking of me Minnie?" I joke, trying to quickly bypass the topic.

"Yes in fact I was," she admits with a sigh. "Aster, I'm worried about you."

At the end of fifth year, every student has a meeting with their head of house where you tell them what you're planning on doing with your life and they assist you on choosing what subjects you should pick for your remaining two years. Let's just say that the meeting didn't exactly go to plan because of my honesty.