[thirty-three]

xxxiii

aster

    I can barely eat. Not because of the clawing of nerves at my stomach but because it hurts to even lift my arm. Yes, my legs are shaking slightly and breaths seem to be coming out a little quicker than usual due to today's events but I'm also in so much pain.

    I had a glance at myself in the mirror today before I reset the charm. I knew it was a bad idea. It's never better than before. I looked inhuman. As if some hybrid of zombie had taken of my body. I don't want to dwell on it too much.

    The noise in the hall is almost deafening as well. Even the houses that aren't playing are invested. Most of the school will be going to the match today. I heard Madam Hooch say that they'd need to cast Extension Charms on the stands in order to fit everyone in.

    Our table is decked out in green and silver, everyone showing their house pride. We must look like a sea of green, encapsulating one quarter of the Great Hall. The majority of students are wearing that Godric-awful red and gold. Some are even going as far to bringing banners and signs. Of course, the Slytherins will no doubt conjure themselves some creative ones after being so inspired. Maybe with a little more crude language.

    Some green is dotted around the place however, which gives me hope that when we win not all the other houses will be put out. Angie is clad from head to toe in a pretty emerald colour, even going at far as to write 'Warrington's' on her forehead which he'll no doubt have a laugh at. Gwenog Jones also sports a green and silver hat, showing her distaste after her loss against Gryffindor. There are a fair few in Ravenclaw. Ravenclaw and Slytherin have always seen more eye to eye in most matters. At least more than Gryffindors who just barrel head first into a situation.

    I can't see her through the chaos but I know that over all of her other Gryffindor-supporting clothes, Lily Evans is wearing a small silver snake brooch – one she took from my drawer. I'm sure James' eyes popped right out of his head but of course she'll gets her way. Their date went extremely well even though she said she had to tell him to close his gaping gob a couple times. You can tell they're already smitten with each other. I'm both disgusted and delighted. I'd say they'll be official soon, as if anyone would get in the way.

"C'mon," Cyrus urges, "you'll need to eat something. Otherwise you'll fly into the bloody ground. We don't need your glum mug all depressed for the rest of the year if we lose."

Anthony grabs his own bowl of porridge and gathers a large helping on his spoon. "Here comes the Hipogriff," he says in a singsong voice, bringing the gloopy oats closer and closer.

I push away his attempt of spoon feeding with a laugh but end up taking a bite of the end of Severus' Cornish pasty. He guffaws at me but I simply smile sweetly, despite the tumble of nerves brewing in my stomach.