[forty]

xl

aster

aster

    "I'm gonna throw up on you if you make me go."

    "Ew, Aster. You're fucking disgusting."

    "I'm going to turn to you after we Apparate and projectile vomit all over that black shirt that you have a hundred others of."

    Severus is attempting to make me come shopping with him in Diagon Alley – just like he has been for the past week. I've said no every single day including this morning, except Sev noticed a small pause before I replied which hadn't been there previously. Of course – being a true Slytherin – he's persistent, which is a very redeeming quality for him but is a real pain in the arse for me.

    "I don't even know if I'm going back to school at the end of Summer," I sigh while fishing out toast with a pair of tongs. Severus quickly stops me and shows how to push the lever up so the pieces of bread are more exposed. We return to our bickering momentarily after. "What would even be the point?"

"You need a new wand anyways," he reasons, annoyingly being correct. "You can't let people know how powerful you really are without it. These new powers need to be kept under the radar. Being predictable is the biggest weakness you can have. Didn't you ever listen in Defence Against the Dark Arts?"

I spread cream cheese over my breakfast lazily and take a bite, talking through my chewing. "You know I did. And I just..." I take a pause to swallow and come to terms with whats really been going on. "...I don't know if I'm ready to go back into the Wizarding world yet. This place has made me feel like home just as much as Hogwarts had. The Muggle world is my safe space now."

Severus sighs and rubs his eyes with his fingers. "Please, Aster. Don't cut out options for places that make you feel okay. From what we've both been hearing we know that in the next few years, safe havens are going to diminish quickly. I need to go to Diagon Alley anyways," he admits. "It's up to you whether you come or not but I know that I won't be sticking around Cokesworth when school starts up again."

"Fine," I concede. "I'll come. But I might throw up on you even if I don't mean to."

    I, in fact, do not throw up on Severus much to the both of our delights.

    The first item that I buy is a large hooded cloak which covers just to above my eye line. I almost laugh at the difference between what's available in wizarding clothing shops and Muggle ones. My father could be keeping my disappearance a secret or he could be looking for me all across the country. Either way, I don't need anyone recognising me today.

"There isn't much on our book list this year as most of our books contain the material from after our OWLs all the way to the NEWTs," the long haired boy explains nonchalantly while we browse the shelves in Obscurus Books.