Chapter 11: Mor

Walking hand in hand with my stunning wife, I nearly run straight into Skylah on my way up to her room on the second floor.
    "Since when are you up and walking around?" I asked incredulously.
     She smirked. "Since I told Azriel and Madja that I was going to get out of bed whether they approved of it or not." She turned her attention to the female next to me. "I don't think we've met, yet. I'm Skylah. And this is my daughter Lovia."
    My wife shook Skylah's tanned hand as she said, "It's a pleasure to meet you Skylah. I'm Priya, Mor's wife."
    "I was just on my way up to introduce you two," I cut in. "She's been so busy tutoring the younglings and grading their work, that she hasn't had a free moment to come and meet you."
    "You're a teacher?" Skylah inquired.
    "I am. I teach younglings that come from homes unable to afford private tutors or that have parents unable to read."
    My incredible wife, Priya, is the most selfless and kind person that I have ever come across during my existence. She refused to accept money when it was offered, and paid for all their materials so that the families didn't have to. She came home every day with a smile on her face and a story to tell about one student or another.
    Skylah's eyes softened. "You have a very crucial job, influencing the minds of younglings. Thank you for putting the effort in to do it properly."
    "I do what I can," Priya replied, blushing slightly. She looked at the infant in the mother's arms. "So this is the child that has stolen everyone's hearts. I can see why. She's absolutely adorable." My wife's face split into a full smile. "I didn't know that babies came this beautiful."
    "Thank you," Skylah mumbled.
    "Lovia looks a lot like you. Oh, and those wings! As badass as they look on adult Illyrian's, miniature baby wings have to be the cutest thing ever."
    "I would have to agree with that," I said.
    "Baby wings are adorable, aren't they?" Skylah  chuckled.
    Changing the subject, I asked, "Are you well enough to eat dinner with us all? It must be incredibly boring to eat with Azriel in your room every day."
    "He's not so bad to eat with, but the being locked in my room part is." She began gently swinging her arms back and forth, rocking Lovia to sleep. "I would love to eat with you all."
    Just then, Azriel, Cassian, Feyre, and my cousin all came inside from the roof. Azriel's eyes instantly found Skylah's and she shuddered slightly.
    "You missed it, cousin," Rhys drawled. "Skylah knocked Cassian on his ass while sparring."
    "I was going easy on her. It won't happen again," Cassian declared.
    I placed my hand on my chest, over my heart. "From the bottom of my heart, I would like to thank you, Skylah. Without you, I would never be able to tease Cassian for getting his shit rocked by a female who gave birth only two weeks ago." A smirk spread across her face. "So thank you. Truly."
    Cassian scowled at me but I completely ignored him as I watched Skylah tip her head back and laugh.
    Across the room, Azriel watched her in awe. The intensity shining in his eyes seemed too personal for me to view.
    "I'm not sure that you can beat me," Skylah said, a challenge in her tone. "But you're welcome to try." The smile on her face was pure devilish.
    Looking nervously between the two, Azriel cut in, "Did I hear you say that you would like to eat with us tonight, Skylah?"
    "Yes."
    "Are you sure that you are feeling up to that?"
    "I said that I am," she glanced at me. "Did I not?"
    "I want no part of this argument," I said with my hands raised in front of me in surrender.
    I watched, barely keeping in my laugh, as Azriel crossed his arms across his chest and planted his feet shoulder width apart. It was his argument stance.
    Standing across from him, Skylah matched his stance as best she could with Lovia snoring in her arms. Despite being an entire foot shorter than him, she managed to look down her nose at him.
    "Don't you think that after pulling that stunt up on the roof that you should be in bed resting?" Azriel asked.
    "Do you notice the stick up your ass or have you become so accustomed to it that you don't even realize that it's there anymore?"
    "Madja told you to take it easy!"
    "I know my limits! I was completely fine."
    "You could have seriously hurt yourself."
    "I'm fully healed."
    "You don't know that."
    "And you do?"
    "I know that you are too stubborn to admit when you need to rest."
    "I'm done with this conversation." She turned and began to walk back up the stairs.
    "I'm not done with this conversation."
    "I don't recall asking what your opinion was."
    "Skylah," he growled.
    "I'll see you at dinner." When she reached her room, she slammed the door behind her.
    "You speak oh so eloquently with females," I commented.
    "Leave the poor male alone," Priya cut in. "Dealing with stubborn females is not easy."
    "You're one to talk," I said to my wife.
    "I'll be back in time for dinner," Azriel cut in as he stormed out the front door.
    "Now that you have been introduced to Skylah and her daughter," I said to my wife. "I would like to speak with you privately. At home. In our room."
    "Subtle, Mor," muttered Cassian.
    I took Priya's hand and walked with her out the door, barely throwing a wave over my shoulder to my family.