Chapter 3: Feyre

My eyes instantly shot to Azriel's mates'. She gave me a pleading look as she brushed against my mental shields, again.
    What is it? I heard Rhys ask down the mating bond. He must have sensed my confusion. What happened?
    I looked over my shoulder at Rhys and said, She's daemati. Azriel's mate is daemati.
    Well things just got a whole lot more interesting, he said. Give her a small opening, just enough to speak, and leave your shields open to me. Just in case.
    I looked back to where Lovia's mother laid and dropped my shields, just enough to let her speak, like Rhys had said.
    Thank you for letting me talk to you, she said. I've never met another daemati, before. I'm glad to finally meet someone like me. My heart clenched at the emotion in her voice. If I speak mind to mind with one of you, am I speaking mind to mind with both of you? Her eyes flickered between me and Rhys.
    You would be correct, my mate responded with.
    I usually am, but it is interesting nonetheless, she retorted. I felt a faint grin tug at my lips as I felt Rhysand's surprise through the bond.
    I haven't had the chance to properly introduce myself. I'm Feyre, and this is my mate Rhysand, though I do believe you two have already met.
    She gave us both a small, polite smile, and said, It's an honor to meet you both. I am Skylah.
    The honor is all ours, said Rhys. But now that introductions are over, did you have something that you wanted to discuss? We would be more than willing to assist you in any way.
    I... I was just wondering, she looked to Lovia, still tucked into her right arm. I was wondering if you have heard anything about a male who goes by the name of Kyron Barbosa?
    Confusion rippled down the bond from Rhys.
    I haven't heard any news about him recently, Rhys responded. But I have heard of Kyron Barbosa. He's a fairly well known warrior from your village. Kyron retired over fifty years ago, after the war with Hybern. Last I heard of him, he welds weaponry now, he paused. Why? Is he the one that hurt you? Is he the father to your child?
    Ignoring his questions, Skylah asked, So it is unknown if he currently lives?
    Currently, the assumption is that he is alive...Unless you believe that we should think otherwise? Rhys inquired, giving her a questioning look.
  Before she could respond, Azriel asked aloud, "What are you guys discussing?"
  Glancing over to him, I see his eyes darting between the three of us. He must have figured out that we were having a mind to mind conversation, but not likely that his own mate was the one that initiated it.
  Looking back at Skylah, I asked, May I tell him that you are daemati? And about what we were talking about?
  Her eyes moved over Azriel with a guarded look, but she nodded her head, anyway.
  "Skylah is daemati," I told Azriel. "She also has some questions relating to a male named Kyron Barbosa." His eyes narrowed in confusion. "Know anything about him?"
  "Not much, but some," Azriel responded. "He was a warrior, now creates weapons, and resides in the village that we found Skylah in."
  "Do you know whether or not he is alive?" I asked.
  "No I haven't heard anything about his death, but I can find out if you would like." His eyes flicked to Skylah. "What do you know of him?"
  "Too much," she whispered.
  "Did he hurt you?" He changed his focus to the babe in her right arm. "Did he father Lovia?"
  "You males all ask the same questions," she mumbled. "But to answer you questions, yes and no. He did this to me, but he is not the father to my daughter. He was my own."
  "Was?," asked Rhys.
  "He's dead," Skylah said it as if she were talking about the weather.
  "How do you know this?"
  "Because I killed him myself."

Daddy Azriel जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें