Chapter 15: Azriel

I've decided that I enjoy waking up next to my mate. Having her in my arms, her legs tangled with mine, is something that I never thought I would receive. It's an experience that I would happily get used to.
    Staring down at her sleeping form, I can't help but admire her beauty.
    Her white hair is sprawled casually around her face, framing it. In the early morning light, her light brown skin seems to glow. Skylah's delicate features appear so serene while she sleeps.
    Carefully, I brush a strand of hair out of her face, tucking it behind a pointed ear.
    At my touch, she begins to stir. Her eyes blinked awake.
    "I'm sorry," I tell her quietly. "I didn't mean to wake you."
    "It's okay. I probably would've woken up soon, anyway." Her throaty morning voice sent a shock of heat through me.
    Seeming to sense where my thoughts have gone, Skylah's eyes dip to my mouth. The same heat that coursed through me was now shining in her bright blue eyes.
    Our faces were close, sharing each other's breath. If I leaned my head down, our lips would graze.
    Does she want me to kiss her?
    Before my question is answered, Lovia begins to cry from the next room over.
    "I can get her," I say.
    "She's probably hungry," Skylah said as she started to get up from bed. My chest feels suddenly cold without her pressed to it. "So unless you have breasts, I'll go get her." She looked over her shoulder at me. A kind smile was lighting up her entire face. Just the look of it stunned me. "But thank you for offering."
    She stood from the bed.
    In the light, I was able to get an even better look at her outfit. The oversized shirt that she was wearing went to about mid thigh, leaving the rest bare. Her short legs were just as gorgeous as the rest of her.
    Realizing that I was staring, I quickly brought my gaze back to her face, where she was watching me. A smirk played out on her lips.
    "Like what you see?"
    A blush was instantly on my cheeks.
    Seeing the apology I was about to give her, she waved me off. "Don't worry about it." She looked me up and down from my feet to my head. Everywhere that her eyes landed, heat was left in their place. "You're not so bad to look at, yourself."
    She walked to the doorway. "I'll see you after breakfast. I'm excited for my tour of the Rainbow, today."
    She left the room, saving me from telling her that I stayed awake all night feeling an immense amount of joy every time a thought about getting to spend the day with her.
    Probably for the best.