Chapter 4: Cassian

"She what?" I said incredulously.
  "Who was that?" I heard Skylah ask from the other side of the door.
  Shit.
  "Just a busybodied bastard asking to get his ass kicked," Azriel growled.
  "You wouldn't be able to keep your gods damned mouth shut if your life depended on it," hissed Mor from beside me.
  "Make that two busybodied bastards asking to get their asses kicked," Rhys said in a low voice.
  "Can I come in now?" Mor whined. "I miss Lovia."
  The responding growl from Azriel promised death.
  "How many people have come into contact with my daughter?" Skylah asked.
  "Only my Inner Circle," answered Rhys. "As simpleminded as some of them may seem," I could see his shit eating grin through the door, "They are my most trusted confidants. Azriel is one of them."
"One of your most trusted confidants or simpeminded?" I sniped. Before Rhys could respond and Azriel could growl, I said, "Hello, Skylah. It is wonderful to finally hear your lovely voice. I do wish I could see your gorgeous face while speaking to you, though."
  "Cassian has a habit of irritating others," Feyre said dryly. "Specifically mates."
  "Something tells me that his ass is kicked often," Skylah remarked.
  The annoyance in her tone made me chuckle. "My ass is threatened often, yes," I said. "But never kicked. No one has ever been that talented."
  "We'll see about that," she mumbled back.
  "I'm coming in. I'm sick of talking to a door."
  I pushed my way through the door, only to come face to face with an angry looking Illyrian.
  "Hello, brother," I said to Azriel with a lazy grin. His shadows began to creep over his shoulders in response.
  "There will be time to beat each other senseless later," Mor cut in from beside me. "Until then, I would like to hold the cutest bundle of joy to ever exist."
  "Amren's visiting Varian in Summer Court right now, but you can hold her when she gets back," I retorted.
  Feyre snorted from where she was standing beside Skylah. I hadn't seen her in the week since we discovered her. The swelling in her face had gone down, the bruises now yellow, instead of purple. Although she still looked like she was in pain, her cuts and scrapes were closed, leaving behind red marks. Injuries that are only a week old, look to be weeks old. I suppose Feyre's healing blood played a major role in her recovery.
  Skylah shifted her head to get a better view of Mor and I from around Feyre. The motion caused her white hair to fall away from her tanned face, revealing pointed ears.
  "You're half Fae," I blurted.
  "I prefer the term 'bastard born half-breed,' but I suppose that'll do," she said coldly.