Chapter 8: Rhys

Laying in bed next to Feyre, while playing with a strand of her hair, was one of my most favorite activities to indulge in. That among other things.
    "Do you think that Azriel's going to be okay?" my mate asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.
    "I hope so."
    "I like Skylah. I think that they would be good together."
    "I like her, too. But they both have a long way to go." A very long way. "Skylah and Azriel have experienced similar traumas, but they both haven't fully healed from them."
    "Maybe they'll be able to heal together," Feyre whispered. "Like we did."
    "Not everyone can be as lucky as us." I smiled down at her. I was the luckiest male alive. Not a day goes by that I don't thank the Cauldron for Feyre.
    "True as that may be," she returned my smile. "I have a good feeling about this. It's Az's turn to find happiness."
    "The true challenge isn't giving Azriel happiness, but instead convincing him that he deserves to be happy. Almost six centuries have come and gone, and Az still hasn't seen his self worth properly."
    "Mates have a way of bringing true meaning into your life."
    I kissed her then, lovingly and sweet. It was a quick kiss, but it got my message across.
    "You are my life."
    "I love you."
    "I love you, more."
    "That's not even possible and you know it."
    "I do, too!" I protested. She rolled her eyes in response. Such a sassy, beautiful thing.
    "Isn't it exciting that there's a baby among us, now?" she said, changing the subject.
    "It is," I responded. "Lovia is truly adorable." I brushed her hair out of her face. "Watching over her is great practice, as well." I slipped my other hand onto the soft skin just below her navel. "You know that we have to tell them all soon, right? They'll be able to scent it on you within a few weeks."
    "I know," she said softly. "I just want to keep it a secret for a little while longer. Enjoy it privately with my mate for the time being."
    I smiled down at her. "Then it shall stay a secret." I paused. "Although, Mor might kill you for not telling her right away."
    My ears were blessed with the sound of my mate's laughter. "I'm sure after calling her 'Aunt Mor' all of one time will sappy her up again."
    "Good point," I said with a chuckle. "Now, you should rest."
    "Ugh," she groaned. "Don't fuss."
    "Too, late."
    Releasing Feyre's hair, I pulled her close, tucking her head into my chest. I began stroking long, soothing circles across her back.
    "I love you," she mumbled a couple minutes later. Her voice was already heavy with sleep.
    It wasn't until I was positive that she was asleep that I quietly whispered, "I love you, more."