𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 14

"Our faith can move mountains"

Matthew 17:20
———

" So how d-does it f-feel?" asked Gabriel, a knowing smirk soldered on his face.

Martha settled, the tenderness of the daylight, softly caressing her with kindness.

" It feels like I've been adorned with a new pair of eyes, the world doesn't feel the same anymore"

Gabriel grinned deliberately, he understood this feeling better than anyone else. Once upon a time he too was lost that was until Jesus found him and brushed His old ways away like dust from a canvas and made him new.

" n-Nobody understand that f-feeling better than I d-do"

Martha gazed at him amazed and dumbfounded, he had a perfect life, a flawless family, a place to dwell.
She gave a raw chuckle at his words.

" What is that l-laugh suppose to m-mean?"

" I hope I don't come across as rude but what do you understand about struggle, I get it you lost your sister but has your mom attempted to kill you, has your dad forsaken you, have you been an orphan do your know what struggle is," said Martha, a tiny speck of after regret cramming her voice.
"I'm sorry" mumbled martha, she
lamented her outburst.

Now his distinct eyes we're confronting her's, one was blue as the ocean and the other as a tender fresh leaf. He grinned and turned his focus towards the road.

He took a deep breath, carbon-filled air flushing out of his lung, replacing it with oxygen-filled air.
" So here is the a-angle of Gabriel you didn't know about, I a-always felt like the b-black sheep in my f-family, my parents despised me because of these distinct e-eye colors and this l-lisp was just like a cherry on top, I h-hated myself"

Martha gawked at him, her gaze fastened onto him, according to her he had the most gorgeous eyes and his lisp was adorable.

He looked at her, " a-And then I began to find love from things of this world, pleasures that gratified me for the moment  however my heartfelt so desolate, I was at the club every night, drugs-I was addicted to them, I was a mess, and then I met him and he transformed my life, he rewrote my story"

" that is a remarkable testimony at least you had a supportive family"

" My dad was keeping an affair with his secretary, my mom uncovered about it, there were q-quarrels every day, some d-days I would be s-sitting inside my room wishing I could perish away, m-mom was a
w-workaholic and d-dads affair was an extreme burden for her and
d-during that time my sister was going through depression when we
f-found out about it was too l-late," said Gabriel, a delicate smile on his lips and an insignificant bit of moisture forming in his eyes. He was extremely timid about crying before her, so he swiftly turned his head averting her sympathetic gaze.

It took her a lot of spunk, yet she collected herself resting an arm on his shoulder.

" Michelle is happy, she is not depressed anymore she's in good hands," said Martha, a tear dropping from her right eye with more tears forming in her left one.

He gasped abruptly clenching onto the brake, then she did the most unpredictable thing, she placed her arm on his.

" You know your enormous insecurity is what I admire the most about
you,"  said Martha with polite eyes.

"Is t-this some k-kind of charitable statement to make me feel less
p-pathetic"

"Your eyes their so gorgeous, I don't even understand why you find them hideous and your lisp is adorable it gives your voice a distinctive aspect,"

Martha giggled her laugh was delicate yet audible, her voice echoed,
filling the car with the sound of her euphoria.

Her laugh was contagious, he couldn't help but grin, never in his life had he heard a more pulchritudinous laugh.

She looked at him gawking her with amusement, when his eyes encountered hers there was a brief moment of silence, her laugh slowly subdued.

" I'm so glad, God e-enabled me t-to meet y-you"

She grinned at him, after a long time she felt the butterflies. He wasn't just a Christian freak anymore.

A/N
This chapter is very valuable to me because it deals with things I don't address much in the real world, stuff I silently battle through like body image, self-hate, affairs, and parents' issues. No matter at what point you are, you may be far beyond rescue Jesus Loves you no matter what.
Cast your shame, suffering, and everything you're dealing with upon him for he cares for you.
He loves you so much, don't give up he loves you so much that he laid down his life for you.