𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
    and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget,
    I will not forget you"

Isaiah 49:15
——

" Papa don't leave me, Mr.Wilson please don't hit me, I'm sorry" murmured Martha in her sleep.

And then all the terrible memories engulfed her sleep, she awakened gasping for breath, her chest felt tight, her heart was throbbing rapidly.

She felt like she was having a heart attack, she saw Adrian dozing off beside her.

"Adrian-I'm" whispered Martha gasping for breath.

" Shut up Martha I am tired let me get some sleep," mumbled Adrian in a drowsy voice Turing over.

Martha got up and started to walk a few times, sometimes when having a panic attack walking around a few times helps.
But in this case, it didn't seem to go away.

Martha was afraid was she going to die but then she remembered there was no valid reason left to live.

So she sat on the sofa waiting for death to devour her. She shut her eyes as the panic attack intensified, it felt nothing less than a heart attack.

"Please stop or just let me die" whispered Martha as the panic attack increased.

Martha shut her eyes, she felt the panic attack decrease a bit after a few minutes, and before she knew it she was fast asleep.

" Are you serious? why are you sleeping on the sofa when we have a queen-size bed inside" asked Adrian, waking Martha up from a good sleep she hadn't had in a long time.

Martha rubbed her eyes, to have a better glance at him. He stood still before her, hands closely folded near his chest, with a " are you dumb?" Look glued on to his face.

" Whatever I don't have time to deal with your dumbness, I have work today," said Adrian lies dripping like honey.

It was a Sunday morning, Adrian didn't have work on Sundays, so he was taking off to meet the new blonde girl, but his lies they hurt Martha, she was fine if he broke up with her but what hurt her, even more, was that he was seeing someone behind her back.

" Where were you yesterday night?"

" At work"

" Are you sure you were at work and nowhere else?" Said Martha.

Adrian narrowed his eyes at her, his blue eyes were filled with irritation.

" May I know what gives you the right to sit here and question me—who do you think you are? What right do you have to sit in my house and question me" said Adrian with hostility-filled eyes.

Martha was shocked, " I'm your fiancé," she said pointing at the promise ring he had gifted her a few years ago.

" That was 5 years ago Martha, now seeing your behavior I am reconsidering my decision, I am such an educated guy with a job and you are an illiterate fit for nothing woman, you seem way below my standard, The only thing that got me attracted to you 7 years ago was your beauty now even that seems to have faded away"

Martha was astonished by his poison like words that slowing engulfed her alive.

" Don't say that" whispered Martha tears flowing down her eyes, she tried hard to hold them back but his words were poisonous—hard and strong enough to make her cry.

" I didn't want to say all those things but I can't hold it back anymore, if you want a place to stay you better shut your mouth and sit in the corner, if you want the right to speak, get a job earn some money and prove yourself"

" I'm writing a book"

" Yeah, that's what you've been saying for the past 3 years now, when is it ever going to publish and when are you going to earn from it, your so useless Martha I wish my 20-year-old self had chosen a better girl," said Adrian his voice filled with regret.

" Adrian—baby" she whispered clinging onto his arm.

" Let me go, Martha, I don't have time to deal with your fake tears I have better things to do," said Adrian releasing himself from her grip before walking away.

Adrian walked out that door, she realized he wasn't just walking out that door he was walking out of her life.
Adrian Wilson was the only thing that kept her alive, now he was gone too, Martha was so tired of people waking out of her life at this point she was used to the pain and solitude.

A/N

I usually don't write below chapters but today I am in a position to do so, I was initially planing on something different but this chapter was inspired by the anxiety attack I had today, please keep me and other people dealing with such things in your prayers.