𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Isaiah‬ ‭46:4
———

"Have you had lunch? it's almost 2" said Maeve

Martha wanted to refuse her invitation how embarrassing to plead a stranger for food and seem desperate.

" I haven't had lunch but I'm not hungry"

" Oh no, you ain't playing that game with me, my house is just a few minutes walk from here, Come with me, child!"

Loving as a mother, this is what having a mother was suppose to feel like she thought to herself. A pair of warm and loving hands always looking out for you.

" Tell me about your family," asked Maeve while walking home along with Martha.

" My mom died in an accident—an accident that was planned, I guess that's where I get my suicide plans from, my dad well he's alive but dead to me"

" Oh, my poor thing," said Maeve, hugging her.

" Don't feel bad for me, I've learned to live in solitude"

" Solitude—Jesus was always with you my dear you were never alone"

That sounded nice to hear but a little bit of it did sound creepy too, imagine an invisible immortal being watching over you always laughing at the embarrassing things you do.

" I'd rather choose the loneliness, an invisible being watching me all the time that sounds uncomfortable—No thank you"

" You don't choose, because he already is watching you, he is a God who doesn't sleep or slumber, he watches you always because that's how much he loves you—What do I call you?"

" You can call me Martha"

" What about Marts," said Maeve, her eyes lighting up.

Martha hesitated, " I'd rather not prefer that because all the horrible people in my life called me that"

" Then marts it shall be, next time somebody calls you that, you must not remember those horrible people you remember me"

Martha gave her a sheepish smile, Mrs.Maeve was nothing like the other people he knew, Maeve didn't judge, she was kind, she was loving. Martha would kill to have someone like Maeve in her life.
Martha felt envious of her son, she would do anything to have a mother like Maeve.

" Mrs. Maeve, tell me about your family"

" I've already told you"

" Yeah, I just hate the stillness between us"

" You should have told me, I was silent because I supposed you disliked my talkativeness"

"No—I love it when you talk especially about Jesus," said Martha, regretting the words she had just uttered.

So continued with Maeve not pausing for a breath, Maeve was not like a tedious elderly Christian woman, she was fun.
The last thing Martha planned for on her birthday was hanging out with an elderly woman, but I mean it was at least better than death.

When Martha arrived at Maeve's house it beautiful, the outsides we're painted in blue, the American flag hanging outside, it looked small and cozy.

When they approached the door, at the doorpost. It was written on the doorpost.
You will be blessed when you come in and go out. Deuteronomy 28:6

Maeve knocked on the door, with Martha shyly standing beside her.

"Don't be shy" said Maeve, patting her.

The door was unlocked, Martha looked at a pair of distinct eyes they looked familiar.

Her eyes widened in surprise, it was the same crack guy from last night, the guy who saved her from an accident and wished her Happy Birthday.

" m-mom we w-were waiting for you," said Gabriel but when his eyes landed upon Martha he seemed just as shock as her.

" You," said Martha in surprise

" Y-Y-You"

" You both know each other?" asked Maeve pointing her finger at both.

" You know him??"

" of course I know him, Marts, I gave birth to him how can I not know him," said Maeve with a laugh.

" how d-do you know h-her m-mom"

" Both of you stop asking questions, come let's go inside," said Maeve, shoving Gabriel inside and dragging Martha in.

Maeve led her to the dining table, where Gabriel and his father Mr.Addison were seated.

" Where were you Maeve? we were waiting for you" said Mr.Addison, when his eyes landed upon Martha he gave Maeve a skeptical look.

" Let her eat first then I'll explain everything" said Maeve, slightly pulling Martha to the dining table.