"Sowon dear is that you? My, how long has it been since I last saw you?"

The old lady hugged Sowon warmly and she melted into her arms, feeling more content.

"Sorry for not coming earlier, I have been kind of busy."

"Still practicing hard for the competition? You should take care of your health as well."

Namjoon awkwardly stood there, slightly confused as the women mingled like they were really close. He curiously tried to assume how Sowon knew of this place or the elderly woman who seemed to notice him only now.

"And who is this handsome young man?"

"This is Namjoon and he is...um, a friend o-of mine."

He raised an eyebrow at the girl who laughed oddly at her own answer. The woman didn't seem to be fazed as she warmly smiled at Namjoon.

Not knowing what to do or say when he felt a poke in his waist from beside him, he realised that the elder woman was waiting for him to introduce himself.

"Hello auntie. My name is Kim Namjoon, a friend of Sowon and its a pleasure to meet you."

"Such a polite and handsome boy, you surely remind me of my son."

Namjoon laughed along with the elder lady and Sowon mentally felt relieved, thankful that he didn't mention about their marriage because she didn't wanted to let anyone know about it yet.

"Now come and sit down both of you, let me go and prepare some drinks. Till then decide your orders as well."

Sowon smiled and nodded, glad that the lady treated them with hospitality and watched as she made her way into the attached kitchen. When she turned her attention back to the man beside her, she found him already looking at her.

The awkward tension from before rose in the air again as they stood there without any conversations. Sowon nervously pointed at a table on the balcony and sat down on her regular seat while Namjoon took a seat in front of her, his eyes still fixated on her.

"So, what do you want to eat?"

"There is a restaurant here?"

"What does this look like to you then?"

"A rest house, tourist spot, hiking stop, motel, hotel-"

Before he could continue showing off his knowlegde, Sowon made an effort to raise her palm as a sign for him to stop which he thankfully did.

"Yes, there is a restaurant here. Now happy?"

"But its not written anywhere and moreover, it looks like a rest house so its hard to believe."

"Believe whatever you want because I am done explaining."

Sowon dramatically sighed and picked up the menu, not wanting to start another fight here because she was slightly exhausted from paddling the cycle after a long time. Moreover she was hungry and she needed to apologize for before.

"I am sorry."

"What?"

"For yelling at you before, I am sorry."

"Why all of a sudden?"

"Gosh, can't you just accept it and move on?"

"Whoa calm down, I was just curious."

Sowon huffed out and slammed the menu on the table, almost losing her appetite because Namjoon was back to acting like a jerk as he smirked at her reaction and she actually felt stupid for feeling bad for him.

"What do you want to order kids?"

Realizing she didn't look at the menu well, she started fumbling with the pages as her eyes scanned the list of foods with serious perception.

"I want to eat fried dumplings with tteobboki along with a cup of coffee. What about you Namjoon?"

"Kimbap, fried chicken, pork ribs, tuna sandwich, salad, jjajangmyeon, carbonara-"

"Namjoon, are you going to eat all that?!"
Sowon asked in horror.

"Huh? No, I was just reading the menu aloud."

The elder lady chuckled as Sowon face-palmed herself in utter embarrassment at how her companion was weirdly acting like a small excited child.

Namjoon took a few minutes debating if he should take any beverage and settled on a cup of spiced tea along with black-bean noodles and kimbap.

"Alright. You can chat while I prepare the food."

Streching out her arms, Sowon released a half yawn and half squeak as she stumbled on the edge of the wooden seat and felt herself fall on the floor with a thud. Namjoon only looked at her in an odd way before bursting in laughter.

"You even fell down from that seat? Seriously, what are you made of Sowon?"

Instead of feeling angry she weirdly felt butterflies churning in her stomach as she realised he had called her name with delicateness, much opposite to how he always called her at home.

It was the first time she felt someone call her name so gently.

Namjoon was still laughing to himself and Sowon could not help but notice the dimples dancing on his cheeks, attractively.

"Do you need help standing up?"

Staring at the hand stretched out for her, she scoffed before slapping it aside and standing on her own accord, stubbornly.

"If you wanted to help, you could have done it when I was about to fall."

"You wanted me to catch you in my arms, like this?"

Her cheeks flared in blush as she realised that she had spoken her thoughts aloud unintentionally. She looked away from Namjoon who was smirking while holding his arms wide open.

"I-I don't mean that."

"I seriously can't understand you girls. You told me last time not to touch you, remember? Should I break my commitment?"

"That's not my implication! If someone is in a danger you can help them."

"But you told me not-"

Sowon shook her head and Namjoon sighed, both falling silent for a moment because their conversation was going downhill once more.

Looking out of their surroundings and glancing at the magnificent view of hills and small fields, Sowon wondered if she could ever have a normal talk with Namjoon before launching into unpleasant and unending bickers.

Their eyes caught one another's again and both of them stayed quiet, debating if they should try to talk normally. But neither started, sub-consciously waiting for the person to start which continued on.

"Here are your food but why are both of you awfully quiet? Anyways, enjoy the food."

The elder lady set their foods and went back inside, leaving the two inside the restaurant all alone. Grabbing the utensils, they started digging in their food while trying to act like everything was okay.

But both of them knew they needed to make up better.

A/N: Oh dear they really need to accept one another soon, right? I hope you enjoyed the chapter as well :)