67 - 육칠 장

(Sixty-seventh chapter)

Sowon could not keep her happiness inside.

She was practically like a big happy baby, jumping on her feet every two seconds or bursting out in giggles while thinking to herself. Other customers frequently passed her a worried glance but Sowon couldn't care if the world labelled her as crazy.

Because she already was. For Kim Namjoon.

Another squeal escaped her lips as her mind reeled back to a few hours back when at home, she was in the arms of Namjoon. The man she liked. Scenes of them kissing flashed through, and Sowon blushed furiously.

Namjoon is going to be the death of me.

"What are you so happy about?"

Startled at the new voice, Sowon jumped in her seat.

Hoseok laughed, taking a seat in front of her. She blinked. Right, she had called him to meet her at a café so that they could talk about something very important. But she was too happy in her own world that she barely noticed his arrival.

"Hi," she rasped.

"At least I am happy to see you happy. Usually, you would always have a sullen mood but today seems different." Hoseok leans in closer with the same grin, "did something good happen?"

Sowon reeled back, flushed.

"W-why would you t-think that?"

"Oh come on Sowon, you look happier than you did when you passed the first dance challenge. You can't fool me."

Hoseok rolled his eyes, grabbing the menu to order something. Instead of answering, Sowon hid her blushing face behind the menu whilst pretending to be thinking about what to order.

She settles on a glass of strawberry juice while Hoseok orders a caramel macchiato.

Drinking their beverages, both of them make small talk about this and that, before landing on Hoseok's job as a doctor.

"So, mind telling me why you wanted to meet me?"

Sowon forced a smile. "What? I can't spend time with my friend anymore?"

Hoseok shook his head and reached out to grab her hand. She remain frozen, unsure if she should pull back but decided against it.

"I am no longer the young Hoseok who cries when something happens. I have grown up now so you can stop worrying about me and just tell me what is it."

Oh goodness.

Sowon knew Hoseok was trying to be brave but deep inside, he was still afraid. To be alone. To be betrayed and used by her again. He deserved better, and always did but it was Sowon who never let him go. She had kept him tied to herself for her emotional support, never once considering his heart.

Sowon clenched her glass so hard that for once, she thought it will shatter.

"I. . . Iㅡ"

Releasing the glass, she stood up.

"Sowon?"

She shook her head. No, she couldn't do this. She could not let go of Hoseok yet, she was not ready. As quick as possible she rushed out of the café and Hoseok scrambled to follow her.