39 - 삼십구 장

(Thirty-ninth chapter)

Sowon glared at the male beside her.

He continued chewing slowly, trying to filter out his racing thoughts as he scooped a spoon full of the brown rice and began grinding with his teeth. The plan he was hoping and thinking from a few days back probably sounded both fun and foolish but he had to try it first.

Before he felt her gaze on him again.

Namjoon sighed, dropping the spoon and chopsticks on his plate before grabbing a napkin and dabbed over his mouth, wiping off any food remains. Then he chewed quickly, forcefully swallowing the large lump of food.

Seeing him chew that way reminded Sowon of Squirrels when they ate their food with their cheeks puffed up. The sudden thought of relation made her snort in silence before Namjoon turned to look at her.

"Can I ask you why are you glaring at me instead of eating your own food?"

Sowon sighed dreamily, "it's because you are too handsome to look away from."

Namjoon froze.

If he had any food in his mouth, he'd be choking like there was no air in the world to breathe in. But that didn't stop him from feigning a dry cough.

"Are you drunk?"

"I wish I was. Then I could forget about all these situations for a day."

"Poor Sowon." Namjoon teased.

She growled, "shut up and just eat."

Namjoon pushed his bowl of fried rice and kimchi farther from himself and Sowon watched curiously what he was trying to do.

"After spoiling my appetite, you tell me to eat food?"

"When did I?"

Sowon shrugged innocently and began eating her bowl of fried rice. Namjoon did not say anything more but he silently stared at her the whole time, making her feel conscious.

When Sowon did her best and had barely eaten half of her food, she couldn't force herself to eat anymore. All signs of hunger had left her mind and she wanted to push away the bowl of food like Namjoon. So she did.

"Aw, are you already full?"

"Shut up," she glared at him, "why were you staring at me the whole time?"

Namjoon sighed dreamily, "it's because you are too beautiful to look away from."

Sowon cringed. Now she understood how he must have felt when she pulled that joke on him. It gave her unwanted goosebumps and a small shiver down her spine.

"Please stop talking. I might even puke out the food I just ate."

Sowon pretended to gag and Namjoon only smirked, glad that he was successful in making her realise how he felt with her prank before. An eye for an eye.

A hand appeared out of nowhere and slapped against Sowon's head, making her cry in pain. She turned to glare at Namjoon, thinking it was him but he only widened his eyes in response.