54 - 옵심사 장

(Fifty-fourth chapter)

The day was here.

Tomorrow had drifted by quicker than Sowon could blink or try to think of any proper way to confront him. It was like procrastinating a work for tomorrow, and when the day comes, the feeling of dread and anxiety sets in.

Do I really have to go?

But Sowon couldn't step back now, not after she finally got a chance to see Hoseok and formally apologise. She was not going to let her conflict of feelings or confused state of mind distract her neither was she going to screw up today.

“No backing out now Sowon.”

She mumbled to herself whilst walking down the stairs.

“Back out from what?”

“Oh my-!”

Sowon suddenly screamed when she heard that husky voice behind her in an unexpected moment. She could not keep in her surprise. Unluckily she was still halfway on the stairs so when her footing had slipped, it was sure that she was going to have a hard fall.

And so Sowon began to slowly hurl downside, air wheezing past her face and she closed her eyes in terror of what she would face next. But nothing had prepared her to land on a soft material, sturdy underneath and a groan ghostly brush past her ears that definitely wasn’t hers.

“Oh damn,” she knew whose voice was it and wished it was a dream. That she had not just crashed into him when she was about to head out, “uh. Do you mind getting off me now?”

He continued blabbering and she quickly pulled herself up the floor whilst glancing to see his eyes already fixated on her.

“W-What?” she stuttered.

“You didn’t thank me for saving you.”

Namjoon picked up himself from the floor and brushed his clothes, with a small smirk plastered on his lips. Why was he acting like that? She wondered, if he was not angry about her ignoring him or was he going to pretend like all those tensions never existed?

She cleared her throat.

“I don't have to.”

“Oh?”

“It was you who startled me first.”

He nodded.

“Then tell me what were you talking about before?”

“Before?” Sowon frowned.

Namjoon clicked his tongue and bit his lower lip. The action suddenly caught her off guard and Sowon found herself in a daze, wondering about how nicely-shaped lips Namjoon actually had, once she observed.

“You were talking to yourself about something like not backing out.”

Shoot, he heard that?

She gulped, recovering from her trance. The question was simple and nothing hard. She could just make a simple lie and slip away. But telling Namjoon about anything related to Hoseok gave her a certain fear like he would follow her to haunt her newfound chance and destroy it.

What could she do now?

“Uh. . .just some silly things.”

He raised a brow, “silly things?”

“Yeah. With Haneul,” when his face gave the impression that he was not buying her lie she quickly added, “girly stuff!”

Now both of them stand there, looking at each other in silence before both their cheeks turn red and they look away, shy. Sowon awkwardly adjusted her sleeve while Namjoon straightened his shirt collar.