13 - 십삼 장

(Thirteenth chapter)

Students were stretching while chatting, asking each other how they spend their breaks and what different stuffs they did. Some were groaning how stiff their bodies were while some exclaiming their new and improved exercises.

The click of heels took their interest from chattering to the small podium in the front of the hall where a lady stood authoritatively. She cleared her throat and every student stopped their stretching in respect to her presence.

Lady Choi, the head supervisor.

"Hello students, it feels every good to see all of you gathered here and I assumed everyone spend their breaks purposefully."

Some students murmered among themselves, agreeing while some complained saying the break was too short. Lady Choi chuckled before clapping her hands and the lot of students went silent again.

"Well I have a new information for all of you."

The students looked at their teacher curiously, wondering what the news was about. She smiled, glad that everyone was listening to her and opened her mouth to continue before being abruptly cut off.

Bang!

A loud slam echoed in the hall, causing everyone inside to stop their movements and turn their attention towards the door which was wide open and stood in the middle was a woman whom they recognised easily.

"Sowon."

Every pair of eye were trained upon her but Sowon kept her glare on the woman who stood smugly on the podium, arrogant as ever.

Not caring if she interrupted anything, she took slow but menacing steps towards the woman whom she respected more than anyone alive, whom she never expected a betrayal.

"What do you want Sowon, didn't you get the information?"

Her icy words froze Sowon a few distance before she reached the podium, disbelief and hurt seething throughout her blood as she clenched her fists, hoping not to break down before confronting her.

"So it is true? I came here, hoping it was all a misunderstanding but you really did it."

Lady Choi scoffed, knowing the stubbornness of her ex-employee and crossed her arms in front of her chest to show she was not backing down either.

Sowon waited for an explanation hoping that there was a valid reason behind all this mess but disappointment filled her as no more words came from her ex-boss and she dawned upon the fact that she had been used like a pawn.

"Seriously? I worked my sweat and tears off this academy to teach the students despite the troubles and this is what you pay me?"

The students whispered assumption towards one another, confused as to why both of their teachers were arguing infront of them.

"The students are watching us Sowon, come to my office. We can talk there-"

"No! Let them also hear what you did to me, how you used me like a pawn to fulfil your need and how you threw me away like trash when you don't need me anymore."