5 - 오 장

(Fifth chapter)

"Mom please? I swear I did not mess up his room that way. Its his plan to-"

"I cannot believe your childishness Sowon. I gave you the job to clean our guest's room well but you only messed it up. Do you know how ashamed am I right now?"

Sowon pouted as she resisted the urge to defend herself against her mother's accusation of being 'childish'.

After her plan was well executed, Namjoon had smartly called Sowon's mom into his room after he messed up the room more badly and acted all innocent, letting the dirty accusations fall on Sowon's head.

"Ah mom please. Take away my penalty, I cannot live without my diary and you know that."

Sowon's mom glared at her making her to lower her gaze as she felt the warm liquid nearing to well up from her eyes. It was her fault for the stuffed toy prank which she admit was true but she took perfect care of the room as her mother had asked her to.

Her diary was the only thing which kept Sowon away from all the negative effects of her strenuous life. She had learned to confide in only two things. One was her best friend Haneul and the other was her diary which she loved very much.

With her plan taking an unexpected turn, her mother had forcefully confiscated her diary as a penalty or punishment for acting like that.

"I have work to do now go. And remember, no more mischief."

Sowon nodded to the warning and slowly walked away from the kitchen towards the stairs, feeling highly discomfited. She was now more perplexed of her mother's strict behaviour towards her after Namjoon had arrived to their house.

Nevertheless Sowon decided to go and binge watch some more dramas on her laptop and so she headed towards her room only to be stopped by a male voice.

"Going somewhere?"

Sowon bit her inner cheeks as she turned around to see Namjoon leaning on the wall. She rolled her eyes as she shifted her hand to open the door but Namjoon quickly held her hand.

"Let me go you jerk."

Sowon roughly threw away his grip from her hand as frustration built up on her head with his actions. Namjoon stood there amused as it was his first time to be called as a jerk.

"Wait, why are you so rude to me? Did I do something to you?"

Sowon scoffed as she folded her arms and glared at Namjoon with such intensity of rage in it.

"Don't try to act innocent. It disgusts me."

This time Namjoon scoffed as he stood up straight in front of her, no longer leaning. Putting his hands in the pocket of his sweatpants he shrugged and replied,

"I don't know why you are being so childish when it was your fault. It was you who kept those stuffed toys in my room right?"

Sowon averted her eyes towards her corridor as she contemplated her reply. Namjoon relaxed his stiff body as he continued.

"I just showed your mom the mess and she got angry on you so its not my fault. Its yours."

"What?" Sowon asked this time with her voice raising in disbelief.