special chapter: chaerim's letters to sunghoon

Chaerim's birthday letter to Sunghoon (2018):

My dearest Sunghoonie,

Happy 16th birthday! I can't believe this is the last birthday I'm celebrating with you in Korea. This seems to be the first one without you. I'm incredibly sad to be leaving you on such a special day and won't be able to spend time with you for the following weeks... months... who knows maybe even years. I know writing a letter is a bit old fashion, but I was hoping you would keep this letter and look back if you ever missed me... I hope you miss me, Sunghoon lol. I'll make sure I can facetime, text, call, or do whatever I can so we don't break apart from each other.

Moving on, I just want to apologize. I know we've apologized so much to each other, but I thought I would make it more formal. Growing up, I always had you by my side. Realizing that you had a different career path in mind seemed unimaginable to me. I thought we'd be figure skating for the rest of our lives together. Reflecting now, I really am ashamed for putting you down, ignoring you when you tried to fix our mess, and trying to discourage you from living your dream.

But now, I am positive you can become an idol. And I will be your number 1 fan. No matter what the other fangirls and boys think, I'll be the one who supports you the most.  And once you debut, I'll make sure to buy every single album and try to go to concerts lol. Sunghoon, I'm proud of you. I really am. I may not be able to express it well, but I can say I've never been more proud of you.

Once I return back to Korea, please, we need to hang out. I want to reminisce our childhood memories again. Like the ttukboki stand, the convenience store, the mall, the playground in front of our apartment complex, roaming around the streets at night, going camping and stargazing again. I miss those days. Or if you have any new favorite spots, we can go there too. And if I discover any new places in Toronto, I'll make sure to take you!

Before I end this letter, I want to tell you a little about the gift I got you. I went to this leather shop and I purchase a few strings so I could make you a little bracelet. I know white is your favorite color so I bought them in white too. There's a little charm at the bottom in which I had both of our initials engraved on it, PSH and PCR. I hope you like the gift and hopefully, you'll wear it.

Once again, happy birthday, Sunghoonie! I love you so much.

Love your number one fan,
Chaeri

Chaerim's I-Land fan letter to Sunghoon (2020):

Dear Sunghoon,

Hi! I'm sure you weren't aware, but ever since I've heard you were on I-Land, I made sure to watch it every single day despite my skating schedule. I feel like it's been way too long since we last saw each other or talked. I know we're both extremely busy, but I miss you so much. I think I was about to cry when I first saw your appearance when you were on TV lol. It made me think about how much I longed to see you.

I have to say, Sunghoonie, you've grown up to be an amazing person. Sometimes I can hardly recognize your face because of the duality haha. But seriously, I didn't know you were such an amazing singer! I'm really proud of all your achievements and how hardworking you are on the show. And with your skills, I'm positive you'll debut. I know you can do it.

I'm very happy to see Heeseung and Jay on the show too! Jay is funnier than I thought. I can't believe the amount of times he's embarrassed himself so far lol. And Heeseung, he seems very shy compared to when I first met him. His first appearance really shocked me because he put on such a powerful performance! But I hope all 3 of you guys debut. Just so you know, I'm casting my votes to the three of you. And no matter what, Sunghoonie, I'm always going to be supporting you.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you continue to grow and debut soon! I love and miss you a lot.

Love,
Chaeri