28

"I'm scared."

"What? Scared? What do you mean, Sunghoon?" Chaerim asked with confusion, "You practiced so much."

"Chaerim, I didn't practice enough. When I was training at BigHit, you were at the rink. When I was resting at home, you were at the rink. When I was studying, you were at the rink. I wasted all my time while you trained so hard for something we loved to do. What if I really am wasting my time for a dream that can't come true?" he whispered with anguish.

"Sunghoon, look at me," she responded gently, "This was a competition that I wanted to win. Is this something you really wanted to do? Is this what you truly desire? Either way, you're going to do fine. I've accepted the fact that you have a different passion. And, I want you to continue to pursue something you want to do. So it doesn't matter if you win 1st place, 2nd, or even last. I know you're doing your best. And I know you just want to do something that makes you happy."

"But, Chaeri, figure skating was something I was good at. I can't just end a career I worked hard for like this. What if I make so many mistakes and I fall? What am I going to do?" he stressed.

"If you fall, you fall. If you make a mistake, you make a mistake. You're not a robot. We're all human and we all make mistakes. You've seen me at practice: sometimes my jumps would pop and at some competitions, I fell down. It's only natural no matter how many times you practice. You're going to do fine, Sunghoon. You gave me the talk on how I have to stop doubting myself, so now, I want you to stop doubting yourself."

He sighed softly, "Alright, I'll try."

"Now that's the spirit. Sunghoonie, have strength, fighting!" she smiled, giving him a playful slap on the back, "Come on, let's go back to the hotel. You're going to need all the rest you get."

He gave her a half-hearted smile and they both walked back to the hotel.

**

The next day, day 3 of the Alpen Trophy...

To cheer on her friend, Chaeirm woke up bright and early even though she was allowed to sleep in this time. Of course, she didn't want to miss Sunghoon's performance and wanted to be there for moral support. After grabbing her bag and phone, she headed out the door, and coincidentally, she saw Sunghoon too.

He stood with a distressed face, not realizing Chaerim was in front of him.

"Wah Sunghoon," Chaerim smirked, staring at his costume, "You look so cool."

Sunghoon looked up with a little shock as his cheeks turned rosy just like the color of his blouse

"Oh Ch-Chaeri," he stuttered, "You're up early. You don't want to sleep in some more?"

"Of course not. I want to see you perform," she smiled giddily, "Come on, let's get going downstairs so we don't keep coach-nim waiting."

"And what do you mean cool?" he mumbled, "I look ridiculous. I can literally be the cloth for a bullfighter."