11

"Alrighty, Sunghoon, Chaerim today I want you guys to practice your combination jumps," coach Ji said with enthusiasm as she called her hands, "Today is going to be a good practice!"

Sunghoon and Chaerim both sighed softly as they once again skated away from each other.

"Chaerim, your combo jump for your short program is going to be a triple lutz-triple flip and your jump combos for your free skate are going to be a triple lutz-triple toe-double flip, triple flip-double toe, and triple lutz-triple salchow-double loop," coach Ji called loudly, "And Sunghoon, your combos for your short program are going to be a triple lutz-double toe and your combination jumps for the free skate are going to be a triple lutz-triple loop and triple flip-double toe-double loop. Now let's get to it!"

Attempt after attempt, both skaters couldn't land the combination jumps. Their turns were sloppy or too slow. When they tried the combinations with music, they were all over the place and were offbeat.

"Chaerim, Sunghoon," coach Ji groaned in frustration, "What are you two doing? I have never seen you guys perform or practice so badly in my entire life! How are you guys going to prep yourself for the competition if you continue to act awkward, not talk to each other, or even exchange glances?! There's clearly something going on between you two. Whatever it is, figure it out quickly so we can get back to practice like how we used to."

They both didn't respond but stared at the dented ice.

"Why can't you guys say anything?!" she shouted, "That's it! Until you guys figure something out between you guys, get out of the ice rink. Don't come back until you guys are willing to skate."

Chaerim and Sunghoon's eyes opened widely as they stared in shock at their coach.

"W-wait!" Chaerim panicked, "What do you mean don't come back?!"

"I mean it," coach Ji snapped, "Both of you, get out of the ice skating rink. I don't want to see you guys until you start to socialize and interact with each other like 'real human' beings. OUT! GET OUT!"

Startled by their coach's harsh words, they quickly picked up the pace, took their skates off, and headed out the door, finding themselves sitting on a bench outside of the ice rink. Though they were sitting next to each other, they were sitting rather far from each other, in awkward silence.

"I... I heard that you met up with Yeji yesterday," Sunghoon finally said, quietly.

"Yeah," Chaerim responded with a monotonous tone.

"She really missed talking to you," he said with a weak smile.

She stayed silent until she was able to muster up the courage to tell him the words she met.

"Look Sunghoon, I-" she began to say.

"I miss talking to you too," he interrupted quickly. His cheeks became slightly rosy as he gave her a small glance, "I really mean it."