31

After a day of rest, came the night everyone was waiting for: the after party. The women pamper themselves by going to a salon, applying makeup, and wearing gorgeous dresses while the men styled their hair fancily and wore neat tuxedos.

Chaerim and Sunghoon spent most of the day sleeping in and later meeting each other in the hotel's cafe to catch up on their studies.

"Argh I can't believe we decided to bring our laptops to study,"  Sunghoon groaned.

"I know right," Chaerim huffed and continued to finish her assignment, "I can't believe the only assignments that are easy are chemistry and English. Calculus sucks."

"Did you just say English is easy?" Sunghoon asked with disbelief, "It's so hard. Calculus is the only easy assignment."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Fine," Chaerim laughed, making Sunghoon smile softly, "If you do my Calculus homework, I'll do your English."

"Deal," he exclaimed as they exchanged their notebooks.

**

7 pm...

The party started at 8 pm on the 20th floor of the hotel. Chaerim had an hour to get ready so she refreshed herself by taking a nice hot shower. She combed her wet hair with her fingers and noticed less hair was in her hands.

She quietly smiled to herself, "Well would you look at that."

After showering, she dried her body and took out the dress she was anticipating to wear for the past week. She zipped up her simple yet gorgeous black dress and slipped on a pair of silver high heels.

She dried and tied it into a sleek low pony and put on warm tones of eyeshadow, finishing off the look with pink tinted nude lipstick

She dried and tied it into a sleek low pony and put on warm tones of eyeshadow, finishing off the look with pink tinted nude lipstick. Grabbing her small hand clutch, she walked out of her hotel room and walked across to Sunghoon's.

"Sunghoonie," she knocked on the door, "We're going to be late, hurry up."

He opened the door in an elegant black and white suit and was stunned by Chaerim's appearance. She was gorgeous. Her frail frame suited the dress she was wearing, her warm makeup gave her a captivating gaze, and the simple jewelry gave her look an extra elegance.

"Sunghoon?" she tilted her head, "Are you okay? You look like you're blanking out a bit."

"Oh yeah," he snapped back to reality, "You just look... you look..."

"Hm?"

"Beautiful," he said while blushing furiously.

"T-Thanks," she blushed, taken aback by the compliment, "You look really good too."

"Um anyways, why don't we get going," Sunghoon exclaimed, trying to make the situation less awkward.

"Yeah, let's go."

Taking the elevator and walking next to each other in awkward silence, they continued to make their way to the ballroom. Just by the hallway of the grand ballroom, Chaerim unconsciously opened her hand bag.

"Ah, my phone," she gasped, "I left it in the room! I'm going to go run and get it."

"I'll come with you," Sunghoon insisted.

"No, it's okay. I'll be really fast. Besides, I don't want coach Ji to worry with the both of us missing. Tell her I'm coming soon, okay."

"Alright."

**

Quickly getting her phone back from her room, she rushed to get back to the ballroom and meet up with Sunghoon.

"Dammit it's been 30 minutes already. Why was the elevator so slow," she grumbled as she jogged in her heels, "And what was with Sunghoon earlier? Ah so awkward. How should I talk with him later? Ahhh maybe I should act like I don't remember."

More thoughts of how to communicate with Sunghoon occurred as she finally made her way to the 20th floor. She opened the doors to the ballroom and heard loud music being played from the speakers. Trying to avoid the crowd, she felt somebody pull her wrist.

"Oh coach Ji," she gasped with relief.

"Sunghoon told me what happened. Anyways, I want you to meet someone," Coach Ji led her to a specific location as she looked face to face with a certain someone.

"B-Brian Or-Orser?!" Chaerim gasped, "Kim Yuna's coach?!"

"Hi Ms. Park," the man smiled warmly, "You truly put on a spectacular performance and we've been looking for someone with talent like you. If you're interested in training with me in Canada, my offer is open to you."

He handed her his business card as Chaerim received the card like she was getting diamonds.

"Thank you. Thank you so so much," Chaerim said with great joy, "Thank you."

"I hope you make your decision quickly because if you want to come train with me and the rest of our talented skaters, your flight is on December 8."