10

"No!" she gasped, "No, not again."

"Why does my life feel cursed," she whimpered as she gathered her hair and threw it out.

Chaerim slowly trudged back into her bedroom, throwing on an oversized t-shirt and some sweatpants. Sighing, she gently dried her hair with her towel, hoping no more strands of hair would fall out. She plopped down on the side of her bed, staring at her little lamp table, where many little bottles of medicine and vitamins were placed. Chaerim began to open the bottles of prescribed medicine and count them.

"2 biotin pills, 2 hair growth vitamins, and..." she stared at the bottle of antidepressants, "I... I should be fine."

After taking her medicine and vitamins, she slipped on a beanie hoping her head would feel less empty. She felt so lonely, stressed, helpless. All she really needed was to talk to someone, but she just couldn't bring herself to.

Feeling suffocated in her house (though she just got home), Chaerim stepped out of her apartment to get some air, heading over to the small park right in front of her home. She found the swings she once loved to go on with Sunghoon when she was little. She looked at the seat of the swing sadly as she sat down and looked up at the dazzling night sky.

"Appa... what should I do?" she murmured.

"Oh, Chaerim unnie?" a young girl's voice called out.

Chaerim turned her head to see a small girl with glasses walking towards her. "Yeji? Why are you out so late? It's way past your bedtime."

"I'd like to ask you that," she giggled softly, "Anyways, Sunghoon oppa just came home and I've been inside all day so I wanted to escape for a little bit. Umma and appa are already sleeping so they'd never find out."

"You sneaky girl," Chaerim weakly smiled.

"Unnie, I have something to ask," the 10-year-old said while skipping over to the swings and sitting next to the one by Chaerim.

"Go ahead," Chaerim responded.

"Sunghoon oppa has been acting weird these days. I think he's in one of those 'moods' but it's happening too often. He's been kinda sad too. Oppa doesn't even bother to talk or play with me like we used to. Do you know what's wrong with oppa? And you looked kinda sad when I saw you staring at the sky. Are you okay?" Yeji asked sweetly.

Chaerim sighed deeply as she softly looked into the young girl's twinkling eyes. "Hmmmm... I've thought about it. If I'm okay... but, I'm not sure," Chaerim exclaimed, "Things change everyday. Especially when you don't expect it. And Sunghoon..."

She paused trying to think of something to say. "Maybe he isn't at his best right now."

"Why?"

"Some things just happen and you can't seem to figure the reason why," Chaerim responded.

Yeji tilted her head with confusion, but then stared in awe at the midnight sky.

"The sky is beautiful, isn't it?" Chaerim asked her.

"It really is," she gushed, "Do you remember back when we were little we used to go camping all the time with our families and then me, you, and Sunghoon oppa would sneak out of the tents to go stargazing together?"

"I do. I'm surprised you still remember," Chaerim giggled softly, but then sighed with a hint of sadness, "Those were the good old days."

"Should we go back in?" Yeji asked while standing up from the swing, "It's really late and I know you have to wake up early for practice."

Chaerim nodded while she smiled warmly, sticking out her hand for the young girl to hold. Hand in hand, they walked back to the apartment, feeling slightly happier.

-------------------------------------

a/n: Yeji is actually the name of Sunghoon's younger sister if you guys were wondering. And also thank you so much for 200+ reads! I really wasn't expecting to see so many notifcations so it really made my day. I tried to make this chapter a little more exciting and less depressing lol any ways it's a bit shorter than usual, but I hope you enjoy the chapter <3