COLORFUL

(THIS IS SO HOT FOR NO REASON)

"Hmmmm, so—" Diane breathed out slowly as he folded her hands neatly in her lap looking around the familiar room. John sat in a similar position next to her. What did he think they were gonna talk about? There was no opening for a start to a conversation. The air was filled with a slight ringing sound, and it was probably just the atmosphere. Diane rocked back an forth slightly, trying to think of something to say.

"So—" John repeated extending the word to imply that the boredom was definitely there. This was awkward, and Diane didn't know really what she was entitled to say. The room needed a filling, it was bare and untouched by any sort of light. The walls were dark, and the only light that was shining into the room was a small lamp beside them, that was barely brighter than a flashlight in a pitch dark room. Diane felt very comfortable here, but at the same time so out of place. The world seemed as if everyone had disappeared and the only people left were her and John.

John was absolutely clueless as to why he even invited her here in the first place. She must be so bored, and she must want to leave. He felt like he wasn't doing something. John felt as if he she push a conversation, but nothing came up.

"What's your favorite color?" Suddenly the words came back to him. Really John? That's the best question you could come up with? John cringed at the words replaying in his mind.

"I'm not sure. Maybe...red or white." Diane answered casually. She didn't find the question basic or odd. Color was the reason this Earth was so beautiful and not enough people appreciate the colors of the Earth like she did. Everything comes from something....and without color the world couldn't be that vibrant, wholesome place that she called home. John snapped the pieces together that she didn't find the question stupid and instantly relaxed into the conversation.

"Is white a color?" John asked. Stupidly, may he add. Again, the sentence kept echoing in his mind sounding stupider, and stupider, and stupider. But, Diane didn't find it stupid. It was a question, and why should we ever think a simple question was ever stupid. There's no such thing as stupid questions.

A slight giggle exited her mouth, as she pondered the ways to answer that question.

"Well, technically yes. But, white isn't a primary color on the wheel. Although, people tend to give the label of a color it's actually a descendant shade of grey...." Diane trailed off knowing she'd probably sound crazy, and too into the whole question. How does one know so much about such a basic question? She cut herself off from talking anymore about the subject. What a nerd you are Diane thought to herself disappointingly.

"Are you an artist or something?" John interrogated with a slight eyebrow raise. The comedic thing wasn't always in his favor, but he tried. And he tried hard. Diane shrugged dismissively, brushing the question off. She never liked that question. There's no real way to answer that. Diane's learned throughout her 20 years of life to never ever give yourself the title of anything. Let others do that for you.

"Maybe? Are you?" She turned the interrogation onto him instead. John clicked his tongue and looked up at the ceiling, thinking over the possible ways to describe it.

"Of sorts. I'd like to say I'm musically inclined." John said proudly. The tone in his voice was humble, but there's never a time where you shouldn't be proud of yourself. Don't swallow your pride, and you'd have every right to be proud of ourself. Diane gave him a look of shock, she'd never guess he played something.

"Really? What do you play?" She questioned intently, honestly wanting to know. John couldn't believe he'd actually started a conversation this well and was caught in a spell at the sight of her blazing blue eyes. They took him into a different reality, one where it was just them and no one else. Not knowing how to speak anymore...apparently, he pointed to the bass leaning against the wall by the table. Diane smiled at the instrument and looked to the tall stacks of records, record players, synthesizers, and radios.

"I'd never have guessed." Diane said sarcastically as her eyes gazed over the tremendous amount of music related things he had just lying around. John stood up and pulled a single vinyl out of his collection and placed in into the player.

Then, he reached to the top of the shelf and picked out a pair of headphones and plugged them in, listening to the music that Diane obviously couldn't hear. A smile appeared on her face as John nodded to the music, adorably.

He stood up front of her and bent down to plane them on her ears. The sound filled up the silence and she got lost in a world of music, and those two brown eyes. They looked like the purest Hershey's Kisses and she wanted to have them to herself. A moment or two passed of them just staring at each other, tracing each other's features and taking in the shapes.

Gracefully, Diane placed the headphones back onto his ears and the way her hands combed through his hair was too much for him not to do something. John leaned forward slowly and gently.

The headphones tugged from behind stopping him just an inch or two away from her. With an annoyed look, he glanced behind him at the headphones still being plugged in, and pulling him backwards. With a laugh, Diane took the liberty of taking them off and tossing them aside.

John grinned appreciatively and continued to lean forward, and sealed the silence with a kiss on her two, pink lips that called out to him every time he looked at her.