MORNING

That morning, Diane woke up beside John. Still feeling a bit breathless from last night. She couldn't believe she was falling back into that trap she fell into all those years ago. Diane couldn't help but wonder if everything would fall to pieces like it did last time. But, she never fully moved on from him to begin with. There's always a part of her that loved him. Even after everything he put her through.

She laid on her side slowly slipping her shirt and shorts on. Not wanted to even make John stir in the slightest. He looked so peaceful and adorable. Diane wanted to stay here watching him forever. But when he was asleep, it's almost as if she missed him....when he was right in front of her. She wondered if she was running through his dreams right now. With a shrug, she carefully got out of his bed and pulled the covers up making it neat. After this, she walked towards the window in his living room and watched the outside.

The window sent a cold air through the room, making Diane shiver. The room was tinted yellow from the sun pouring into the room. Diane loved looking outside seeing the tall buildings....it made her happy. And that's what she loved doing, feeling happy. The room was dead silent, expect for the sound of the vents rattling every now and then. It was actually quite calming. But, her thoughts were soon interrupted when John wrapped two arms around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder.

"Morning, Di." John said using an unfamiliar nickname. Diane furrowed her eyebrows together.

"Di?" She asked quietly. John put a smile on quickly, "it's a nickname. For you....but if you don't like it I won't call you, Di. Don't worry I won't!" John panicked like he'd done something wrong. It made Diane lowly giggle.

"Di is a perfect nickname John." Diane said before pressing her lips to his again. Feeling his arms fall to her sides again. Softly gripping her hips, it made Diane stiffen. But in a good way. A really good way. When they pulled away, John just looked into her eyes. They locked him in and made him get caught up in the moment. He loved her eyes, her bright blue eyes. They kept him going.....

"Have I told you how much I love you?" John whispered pushing some hair out of her face. Diane grinned and pulled him into a small hug again. Standing on her tippy toes for balance. She would almost fall over trying to hug him, he was taller than her by almost a foot.

"Yeah....but you can tell me again. And again, and again." Diane replied sending a shiver through John. He wanted to hold her and feel her embrace forever and ever. It's like she had a hold on him that he fell to his knees for.

"Oh, I will. Don't you worry." John said before walking back to the bed to make it. Diane watched him, sighing at his beauty before falling onto the couch dramatically. Oh, how lucky she was.....