BEAUTIFUL DAY IT IS

(OMFG HIS SMILEEEEE)

Diane stared out of my window looking into nothing. Everything was swaying in the wind so perfectly and the sunshine reflected off of the window and onto the wall behind her making it lighter in the room. Natural sunlight was the beauty of it all. She didn't know wether to call John or not. It could've been to early on. But if she waited it could have been too late.

Biting her nails, she shakily picked up the phone feeling a boost of confidence arise in her. Must've been the sunlight she thought cheekily to herself. Diane dialed the number that was written on a small piece of white paper that John slipped into her purse somehow that night.

Her fingers gazed around the dial in a circular motion brining suspense as it did so. The ringing felt like it had lasted an hour and she was beginning to loose hope that she'd ever see him again. It became silent in the room and all she could hear was the slight creaking of the windows as the wind from outside pushed against it.

"Hello?" The voice drew her back into reality. He answered? He actually answered?

"H-hi, it's Diane." She said with a little change in pitch trying to sound more feminine than usual. She wanted to seem glamours, or something of the sorts.

"How are you?" John asked her with a happier voice as well. He was so excited that she'd actually called him again. John and Diane didn't know how similar they really were, but so different at the same time.

"I'm alright." She answered with a slight, but subtle laugh in her voice. John found it incredible adorable for some reason. He always looked for the little things that made her so marvelous and beautiful inside and out.

"So...um Diane?" John asked switching the conversation rather quickly. Diane crossed her legs as she sat on the couch with the phone on her lap pulling it to the left slightly where it was plugged in.

"Yes?" She answered rather quickly. John didn't know if he could ask this without seeming crazy. She'd never say yes to this, would she? John opened his mouth again, but nothing came out.

Diane waited nervously on the other end, hoping he was ok and that he'd finish. She was patiently waiting as John tried to pull himself together.

"I was uh, wondering if you'd....maybe want to come over for a bit?" John finally spit out the words that could easily be mistaken for something else. Diane grinned to herself as wide as she could and bit her lip.

"Sure." Diane mustered a reply. A casual one, that wouldn't be taken as desperate. She was so scared that she'd come off wrong saying one thing one way and another a different way.

"Really?" John asked out of pure confusion as to why she said yes. They'd met....about 3 days ago and she's already coming over to hang out. There's not possible way. John bit his nails nervously.

"Yes really. 5 minutes?" Diane asked for confirmation. She wanted to seem like it was no big deal so John would calm down and know that she was a real one. A real one that would always stick by his side. The foreshadowing was definitely in her conversation but they just hadn't realized it yet.

"Perfect." Said John as he hung up the phone excitedly. Diane closed her eyes with a smile on her face and set the phone back down on the table beside her couch. This day really does like her doesn't it?